Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Lowering the Recaros, is it possible?

So I'm a big dude, 6'5", and I had to get Recaros to fit in our car. I originally didn't want a sunroof but the car I wanted had one, and being in SoCal I'm not really gonna bitch about it. Either way, the sun roof really compromises headroom, and I don't think I could fit in our car with a helmet, and I do eventually want to AutoX/Track her. On top of me just wanting a lower seating position, I think it would be beneficial in every way for me to drop the seat down an inch or two.

So can it be done? Are there some other sort of rails I could buy to lower the seat? All I'd want is an inch or two down, and I think it would be perfect. Is there anyone who tried this, is it even possible? I've been toying with the idea and I'd like to know if its even feasible.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Want to confirm you have got it at the lowest position ? You do that by ratching the adjuster on the side. It has a long travel. Reason I ask this is may do not know it has it.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #3
Want to confirm you have got it at the lowest position ? You do that by ratching the adjuster on the side. It has a long travel. Reason I ask this is may do not know it has it.
Oh yeah, I have too keep it all the way down and all the way back...and I can still feel my hair rub the ceiling from time to time.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Oh yeah, I have too keep it all the way down and all the way back...and I can still feel my hair rub the ceiling from time to time.
Good because the first time I sat in mine it was all the way up. I think you would need to make new/custom seat brackets to lower more.

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #5
Good because the first time I sat in mine it was all the way up. I think you would need to make new/custom seat brackets to lower more.
That's what I fear, I'm just wondering if maybe Recaro makes a lower rail system that our seats could fit on

Get rid of the rails all together and fix your seat to the floor maybe? Depends on whether or not anyone else drives it...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

OP
BiigMe
Thread Starter #7
Get rid of the rails all together and fix your seat to the floor maybe? Depends on whether or not anyone else drives it...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
Nobody else drives it, save a friend or two trying it out. I don't want to bolt it directly to the floor incase of an emergency and someone else needs to drive it, but it might be looking like thats my only option. That or some custom fabbed floor rails.

Or take some of the lower seat cushioning out. People have done this on other cars with success.

Sent from my SM-P607T using Tapatalk