Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

White Smoke coming out of exhaust after turbo installation?

So I install the new Cyborg 39 turbo a couple of weeks ago. 2 days later while being on my 2nd tune, I noticed white smoke coming out of my exhaust expecially when im idle. Im on a red light and a lot of white smoke was coming out of my exhaust. It went away after that day so I didnt think of it much. Now im doing my e30 tune and I noticed yesterday while on a red light it started smoking a lot again that I could see it through my mirror. I move a little forward while waiting for the light to turn green and it stops.

I havent been driving it much since the turbo install. My coolant doesnt seem to be leaking and my oil looks fine as far I can see. Any suggestions what it could be. My tuner suggest that im possibly getting some crankcase pressure building up.

Heres a video below. Sorry for shooting the video vertically.

https://youtu.be/BiwnsAQCb5k

I have full bolt ons with a catless downpipe and the Cyborg 39 turbo. My 91oct tune has been done and im still working on e30 tune which is almost done. I have 27k miles on the car within 17 months

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Did you ever figure this out, or...you raced [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] with a damaged seal and made it worse?

Ish

Did you ever figure this out, or...you raced [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] with a damaged seal and made it worse?
Smoke would come and go and for some reason it stopped for almost a week now. He did have it tuned before we raced, he was doing 3rd gear pulls long before that. So it would of been damaged way before the race. Im not sure if his logs would show if the turbo were to be causing this? If anything, but both of ours look identical. He was told it could be crankcase pressure building up as well But hes only at 27k..

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Smoke would come and go and for some reason it stopped for almost a week now. He did have it tuned before we raced, he was doing 3rd gear pulls long before that. So it would of been damaged way before the race. Im not sure if his logs would show if the turbo were to be causing this? If anything, but both of ours look identical. He was told it could be crankcase pressure building up as well But hes only at 27k..
I had this issue on my very first original Cyborg. Turned out to be oil seal.

Some Guy On The Internet

Ish

I had this issue on my very first original Cyborg. Turned out to be oil seal.

Some Guy On The Internet
Oh ok, yea i felt like it was something turbo related. Will find out soon, Brians taking good care if him.

OP
K
Thread Starter #9
It could be my turbo. Bryan is sending me a replacement soon. I have yet to tell him this but the turbo keeps fluttering like crazy and i feel like its getting worse. It doesnt sound normal. Anyways i haven't seen the white smoke since i posted this thread but it was doing it almost every day before that. And i keep a close eye on it all the time. While the white smoke was happening, i was rarely driving it.

Anyways me and ish will do another video soon and ill most likely will be tuned by russ this time. But we do this for fun so people need to stop getting butthurt lol

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
It could be my turbo. Bryan is sending me a replacement soon. I have yet to tell him this but the turbo keeps fluttering like crazy and i feel like its getting worse. It doesnt sound normal. Anyways i haven't seen the white smoke since i posted this thread but it was doing it almost every day before that. And i keep a close eye on it all the time. While the white smoke was happening, i was rarely driving it.

Anyways me and ish will do another video soon and ill most likely will be tuned by russ this time. But we do this for fun so people need to stop getting butthurt lol
All I have to say is that people gotta stop racing with a broke car (I'm guilty too, only ran a 12.4@116, worn spark plugs) so we can get legit "results."

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
All I have to say is that people gotta stop racing with a broke car (I'm guilty too, only ran a 12.4@116, worn spark plugs) so we can get legit "results."
At the time i wasnt sure if the turbo was defective and car seem to be running fine. And the datalogs look so similar for the x37 and C39. But i guess we will have legit results soon hopefully. We have no reason to make any turbo look bad. And thats why i told ish to put in the description that maybe something was going on and to not take these results serious. Although most people cant read lol.