Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench light just came on ?

Separately, I discovered in my 'alerts' in my system, they turned 'sport mode' on a couple hours after shop hours last week. So I guess they had some fun with the car too, heh.
I would ask the manager if cars are worked on by techs after normal business hours. If they're not, I'd show him a screenshot of the alerts and ask for an explanation and a steep discount.

JasonHaven

Unfortunately they cleared the alert when I dropped the car off again, and I didn't think to take a picture :/

--

Anyways, I dropped the car off told them wrench light was coming on under braking, and that the cruise control didn't work when it was on. They said 'oh that's the oil change light' cleared it, drove around the block to prove me wrong, and sent me on my way.

Of course the light came back on later that day, so I get to go back again this week.

Thanks, Ford.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Unfortunately they cleared the alert when I dropped the car off again, and I didn't think to take a picture :/

--

Anyways, I dropped the car off told them wrench light was coming on under braking, and that the cruise control didn't work when it was on. They said 'oh that's the oil change light' cleared it, drove around the block to prove me wrong, and sent me on my way.

Of course the light came back on later that day, so I get to go back again this week.

Thanks, Ford.
It is not just the oil light. Someone needs an updated education. Using for tools they can scan and read the Ford unique messages and show the brake switch is a problem.

JasonHaven

It is not just the oil light. Someone needs an updated education. Using for tools they can scan and read the Ford unique messages and show the brake switch is a problem.
What all does that switch control? Braking feels relatively normal, but cruise control, and I think hill assist aren't working, would have to test more on the latter though. Does it have anything to do with ABS as well? Trying not to get myself killed, but also need my car right now. 😐

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
What all does that switch control? Braking feels relatively normal, but cruise control, and I think hill assist aren't working, would have to test more on the latter though. Does it have anything to do with ABS as well? Trying not to get myself killed, but also need my car right now. 😐
Does not affect the actual brakes. It's a switch for the rest of the systems. Like disengage cruise turn on rear lights etc.

JasonHaven

Does not affect the actual brakes. It's a switch for the rest of the systems. Like disengage cruise turn on rear lights etc.
Sorry to keep asking questions, do you know the part number for this? I want to see if it's something I can do myself. The light didn't pop on the last couple of days, and I have an appointment tomorrow, so I'm assuming they won't believe me again, so I might have to take it into my own hands haha

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Sorry to keep asking questions, do you know the part number for this? I want to see if it's something I can do myself. The light didn't pop on the last couple of days, and I have an appointment tomorrow, so I'm assuming they won't believe me again, so I might have to take it into my own hands haha
Sorry no. It might be integral to the pedal and would be replacing the whole thing. There is also one in the clutch that does the same functions vis a vis wrench light. When they use the Ford scan tool it should pop up. It is not part of the obd2 protocol. It's ford proprietary. Good luck.

JasonHaven

Sorry no. It might be integral to the pedal and would be replacing the whole thing. There is also one in the clutch that does the same functions vis a vis wrench light. When they use the Ford scan tool it should pop up. It is not part of the obd2 protocol. It's ford proprietary. Good luck.
These are the part numbers I found, by looking around:

Ford AA6Z9C888A or Motorcraft SW7020

No clue if that's actually the problem, but I think that's the part that is in the way during the blend door actuator replacement, which I just had, and the 'wrench light' problems started after they replaced the blend door actuator. So I'm kinda wondering if something screwed up there.

And yeah, I asked them if they'd be able to 'scan' for what the wrench light showing for, and the 'service adviser' said, 'no, it's just an oil change light', heh. Gotta love 'Ford experts'.

JasonHaven

Update: Dealer couldn't duplicate the problem, so I picked up the car. And of course the wrench light came on as I was driving home.

Guess I'll find yet another mechanic in the area.

Intuit

3000 Post Club