Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench light just came on ?

Hello, on the way home from work and wrench light came on. I have a 2016 ST with about 10,250 miles on it. Had my initial oil change at 7,500 miles. Is this an oil change reminder light ? Couldn't find the wrench symbol in my owner manual. Thanks in advance.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
it is the oil reminder. I started a thread about this a few weeks ago. I didn't search either lol. here's how you shut it off:

1. tap the start button WITHOUT any pedals pressed
  2. press and hold both brake and gas together
  3. the wrench will blink a few times then disappear. once the wrench disappears, the check engine light begins to blink.
  4. wait until the check engine light stops blinking
  5. press the start button to shut things off
  6. now release the gas and brake
  7. start the car....wrench gone
[MENTION=2253]CanadianGuy[/MENTION]... time for a sticky? ;)

OP
E
Thread Starter #4
Thanks. Problem solved. Lately I've been feeling paranoid every time a light pops on. Cars had a few shop visits already. LoL. Thanks again.

no, it works with a tune. I'm running Stratified OTS v3. I did NOT flash back to stock for the above procedure.
Must depend on the tune then...I had to go back to stock mine would not reset (Tune+). Also noted by others on here they had to return to stock also.

Got it figured out. Read through a few more threads and got her done. Already had the brake switch go out once, so glad it's not that BS again.

THe light can come on for other reasons such as the clutch or brake switch not working. One way to find out is does the cruise control still work?
I've also had the wrench light for a couple of months now. the only thing is that my cruise control will not work if the wrench light is on.. if the wrench light is off, i can go into cruise control. any tips?

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
I've also had the wrench light for a couple of months now. the only thing is that my cruise control will not work if the wrench light is on.. if the wrench light is off, i can go into cruise control. any tips?
Local chap had the same thing. It was a switch on the brake pedal or clutch pedal. Fix that and everything works.

JasonHaven

Mine came on after getting my car back from an oil change/general check up. Figured they forgot to reset the light. Did the reset procedure, and then it still came back. Unpaired the Accessport, reset the light, and it still came back on. No OBD codes, so that's fantastic. I ran a Vehicle Health Report, and it just gave me the generic:

"Powertrain Fault: Illuminates when an electric throttle control, transmission, all-wheel drive, four-wheel drive or fuel system fault has been detected. Contact an authorized dealer as soon as possible."

So, back to the mechanic it goes tomorrow.

Separately, I discovered in my 'alerts' in my system, they turned 'sport mode' on a couple hours after shop hours last week. So I guess they had some fun with the car too, heh.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
If your running a tune you have to flash back to stock or the above will not work also...
If you have a Mountune MP-215 tune the reset in the manual works fine.

The "tap the start" listed on this post does not work on my 2016. Mine DOES work like the manuals states on page 183 when you HOLD the start button for 2 seconds.

Using our manual is easy, apparently some people do not know about the index. It is located in the back of the manual. See below.

O
Oil Change Indicator Reset.......................183
Resetting the Oil Life Monitoring System...............................................................183
Oil Check See: Engine Oil Check.......................................182
Opening and Closing the Hood................177
Closing the Hood................................................178
Opening the Hood...............................................177
Ordering Additional Owner's Literature......................................................166
Obtaining a French Owner’s Manual..........166
Overhead Console........................................110

Zissou

Do the 2014's not have this? I've never seen it come on in the 20k miles I've owned the car, since new in Aug 2014.
I've done the oil changes myself apart from the very first one.

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Do the 2014's not have this? I've never seen it come on in the 20k miles I've owned the car, since new in Aug 2014.
I've done the oil changes myself apart from the very first one.
There was a technical service bulletins that the shop can disable the life feature.

Separately, I discovered in my 'alerts' in my system, they turned 'sport mode' on a couple hours after shop hours last week. So I guess they had some fun with the car too, heh.
I would ask the manager if cars are services after normal business hours. If not, I'd show him a screenshot of the alerts and ask for an explanation and a discount.