Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question for those with Cobb tune and Map Switching

I have a used Fiesta ST that had what appears to be a Cobb stage 1 package on it (motor mount, tune & air filter). When I hit the steering wheel button, it brings up the map menu on the tach. My issue is, the car didn't come with the access port.

Does anyone know what the default map menu? It dawned on me today I may be running a 93 octane tune on 87 octane or something wrong. For now I've left it on setting one. From what I'm guessing here it looks like you can program whatever your want to whatever map number you choose which may make it difficult in finding out what my car is programmed with. Thank you!

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
They should've uninstalled the AP from the car, now they have a useless AP and who knows what you have. Can be Cobbs OTS tune, Cobbs Eco map or one of the many OTS tunes available. The main map should be the first one but I'd try and get a hold of the seller to uninstall the AP from the car.

The default COBB OTS tunes have two maps, the normal OTS tune in slot 1 and an eco tune in slot 2. I would assume the previous owner was running the highest octane to be safe.

Like mentioned above, contact the seller because their accessport is useless if it's still married to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
Yes their tuner is still married. I don't know the original owner unfortunately. So likely tune slot 1 is likely performance tune and 2 is eco. Thanks for the heads up. Could I cause serious damage running 87 on a performance map? Thanks!

Zissou

It's either 91 or 93 octane, so run whatever the premium is in your area.

Take it to the dealership and make up some BS so they reflash it under warranty. Then you can run 87 if you really wanted to.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
having absolute no idea what map is on ur car is a dangerous thing. go to the dealer and flash it back to oem.