Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Track Coilovers

Having come from a E36 M3's running Ohlins and other higher end suspensions in the past, I really like the ZetaCRD for a out of the box coilover as I had a set on my fiesta already. They were great on the street with street tires. Been working with Jerrick on a set of GT1s for my Fiesta (stock turbo, full bolt ons, and R888 on 15x8s) for the track. Looking forward to install videos and track tuning videos coming the spring with RFD. Also installing a LSD whenever it shows up. Choosing a coil over is solely dependent on what you intend to do with the car. If your a advance track driver running R comps than going with a higher end coilover is a must, for a novice running good extreme performance summer tires at the track than most out of the box coil overs can work for you. No one else has a chamber plate though other than Meister, which is why I am such a fan. Adding negative chamber really really helps these cars. My last E36 M3 was -3.9 front and -3.2 rear. It was rare a car could beat that thing in cornering speeds. Being in and around race cars for the better part of 12 years now I would say going with a shock that's matched to the spring rate is a must for anyone wanting to maximize their suspension. Some of the cheaper coil overs will sacrifice this to cut costs and than you end being worse off in the end. At the end of day if your going on a track, go with something that's been proven and don't cheap out. Been instructing students with cheap coilovers and it can ruin their day, hurt their wallet, or even cost them a car. For the novices you honestly can't go wrong with the ZetaCRD espically for the price. Not repping for Meister, just very happy with their service and their dedication to ensuring a good product. Also they don't make a lot of the noise on the street which is really nice.

After my track day on the bilsteins, I am SUPER happy with them, here at Arizona Motorsports park they are setup perfectly for the track! REALLY happy with them!

I am making do with H&R camber bolts up front for now (max -2.7), but what I would like to know is if the extra camber afforded by the plates included with Meister is even usable, considering we cannot balance camber out back.

Would anyone run -3.9 front and -0.0 rear? What results can we expect from that?

I am hoping a rear camber solution presents itself in the not too distant future. Along with that, add on camber plates should also present themselves. Most other tuning platforms have these standard items.

I am making do with H&R camber bolts up front for now (max -2.7), but what I would like to know is if the extra camber afforded by the plates included with Meister is even usable, considering we cannot balance camber out back.

Would anyone run -3.9 front and -0.0 rear? What results can we expect from that?

I am hoping a rear camber solution presents itself in the not too distant future. Along with that, add on camber plates should also present themselves. Most other tuning platforms have these standard items.
From what I have read, with the camber plates up front, unless you're willing to cut the shock tower, you can't get more than 1.5* anyway, so you would need camber bolts if you wanted to fine tune more than that anyway.

But yeah, not being able to adjust the rear at all kinda sucks. It seems so far the only way to do it is with some cutting into the twist beam, which I will avoid all together personally.

Yeah even with camber bolts on my bilsteins I wasn't able to get more than -2 degrees camber in the front. but from the factory I have -1 in the back so not too bad