Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

One of the best intercoolers

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Also, the CP-E will cover you right up to a BT kit (anything Cyborg 39 and below, and maybe even some of the smaller, less radical BTs out there), in the stock location/mounting area, and without the need for a crash bar.

The DHM Race IC and crash bar becomes an absolute necessity for anything above that level.
My Cobb IC isnt enough and im on a c39. 26 psi

Here is a CPE intercooler with a 4th gear pull at 100f and an x37....min/max. only 16f diff, not too shabby.

I've had the intercooler on my car with the lower grill removed for about 25k miles now and it still looks new.

I don't believe 3rd gear pulls really show the true performance of any parts on this car. 4th gear is where it's starts stressing everything.
2-3rd is ok its that 4th gear pull you'll really see temps rise. Buying DHM very very soon.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
For the Depo intercooler, what are the quality issues? Is it fitment, construction, reliability?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
My Cobb IC isnt enough and im on a c39. 26 psi

2-3rd is ok its that 4th gear pull you'll really see temps rise. Buying DHM very very soon.
IF I ever had the coin/inclination to step up to yes, even a hybrid, I too would go to the DHM Race IC, just to have that 'reserve capacity', especially for maxed-out tune, possible poor fuel/lower ethanol content E85, hot weather use. ;)

The best performing intercooler is the DHM race intercooler, which also happens to be the most expensive once you include the required tubular crash bar as well. The best bang-for-buck intercooler is the MTC/DEPO intercooler which has already been mentioned to be the same core as the Cobb intercooler. If you are staying at or below the limits of the stock fuel system (300-330whp) then the MTC/DEPO intercooler is sufficient.

For the Depo intercooler, what are the quality issues? Is it fitment, construction, reliability?
I watch your vids on YouTube all the time for product reviews. I'm still gathering information from several sources about the MAP IC. What're your thoughts?

- JR

+1 for Map. I'm running 297hp to the wheel on e30 with an x47 and it's holding up my temps just fine.

So would the step down from the DHM Race IC be the CP-E or Depo? I would want to go as far as I can in performance but without removing the crash bar.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
So would the step down from the DHM Race IC be the CP-E or Depo? I would want to go as far as I can in performance but without removing the crash bar.
This is EXACTLY WHY I 'stepped up' during the great sale prices/group buys Ron had for them, and bought the cp-e IC.

At least on paper, and going by all of the specs, it IS the very next step down from the superior DHM Race, (and maybe some of those huge Euro/Brit ICs which we may not be able to get anyway, and will also not fit with our USDM/N.A. crash bar), which allows one to retain the factory crash bar. [wink]

IF I ever go hybrid/BT, and the logs show unacceptable heat soak, I would then go to the DHM setup.

This would most likely be so far into the future that the car will be paid off, and I might drop collision, so I would not have to worry about Progressive (or whichever insurance I have at that point) denying a front end collision claim due to the DHM crash bar being there instead of the factory one. (You KNOW that they will try! [mad])

This is EXACTLY WHY I 'stepped up' during the great sale prices/group buys Ron had for them, and bought the cp-e IC.

At least on paper, and going by all of the specs, it IS the very next step down from the superior DHM Race, (and maybe some of those huge Euro/Brit ICs which we may not be able to get anyway, and will also not fit with our USDM/N.A. crash bar), which allows one to retain the factory crash bar. [wink]

IF I ever go hybrid/BT, and the logs show unacceptable heat soak, I would then go to the DHM setup.

This would most likely be so far into the future that the car will be paid off, and I might drop collision, so I would not have to worry about Progressive (or whichever insurance I have at that point) denying a front end collision claim due to the DHM crash bar being there instead of the factory one. (You KNOW that they will try! [mad])
Definitely will put down CP-E unless someone can prove otherwise lol

I'd be more concerned with the crash bar actually performing in a crash than what the insurance company will do.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd be more concerned with the crash bar actually performing in a crash than what the insurance company will do.
True, +1! [thumb]

But I don't think that anyone has actually done any crash testing (either real live, or computer simulated) between the factory bar and the DHM tubular one, so we will never know, but can only speculate. [:(]

Is no one using the Mishimoto jLine, I will be installing one next week and I'm hoping I made a good choice.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account