Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Kansei's Garage Queen

Kanseimobile v5, 2016 Fiesta ST in molten orange

Mods:

Performance:
- cp-e nexus 3" exhaust with resonator delete
- cp-e intake
- Cobb Accessport
- Stratified tune
- Bilstein B14 PSS coilovers
- Cobb rear motor mount
- Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 17x7.5 with 215/40 Dunlop Direzza Z2 Star Spec tires
- fswerks short shift
- damond motorsports oil catch can
- Piercemotorsports 6 Point Lower Chassis Brace
- Piercemotorsports Upper Front Strut Brace
- Piercemotorsports Midship Brace
- Piercemotorsports Lateral Rear Trunk Brace
- Piercemotorsports Rear Torsion Bar

Appearance/Other:
- EDM projector headlamps w/ LED DRL
- Lighting upgrade all around: Philips x-treme vision headlamps, a bunch of Diode Dynamics bits, Osram diadem for turn signals.
- Blackvue dr470-2ch dual camera dash cam, hardwired with kit that lets it run in parking mode without killing the battery
- Lathe Werks hybrid piston shift knob
- WeatherTech floor liners, front rear and trunk (non-ST trunk version, sitting below the stock upper floor piece)
- gold "ST" badges inlays (front, rear, engine cover) from DMB
- short antenna (4")
- boomba racing symposer delete kit
- rally armor mudflaps (dark grey logo for stealthier appearance)
- 30% film formulaone pinnacle ceramic tint

Mods awaiting install or pending shipping:
- maxton rear spoiler extension
- Velossa Tech big mouth
- P3 vent boost gauge
- kenwood under-seat subwoofer

Planned mods:
- black wrapped roof
- intercooler (leaning toward cp-e)
- hitch and bike rack

Last edited:
OP
K
Thread Starter #2
wheels and new tpms sensors came in today yay. Getting tires mounted and the wheels mounted to the car tomorrow. Debating if I want them to rip the stock tires off and just throw them away so that I only have to store the 4 boxes with the bare wheel. Feel sorta bad since the tires are basically brand new (< 400 miles on them) but I'd have to get a storage unit to store the tires as well.

OP
K
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome :). nah, although I'd honestly love to go down to 16s. When I looked at tires in the size I'd go with (215/45R16 since it stays very close to stock diameter) there's super limited tire options. TireRack has the Falken RT615K which is fine but not my fave. 225/45R16 apparently fits without rubbing too, but I felt like that tire size was overkill for the car and would bulge way too much on a 16x7.

These Pro Race 1.2 are the 17x7.5 fitment, and I went with 215/40 Dunlop ZII Star Specs, just in time for the start of winter :)

OP
K
Thread Starter #5
random but here are a few comparison pics I found of when I installed a couple LEDs. I bought Philips since it's a brand I trust for home lighting LEDs. Pretty cheap, on amazon and wherever else.

license plate lights:

reverse lamps:

in case anyone forgot what a completely bone stock engine bay looks like (painfully ugly, like all modern cars):

last but not least, a subtle comparison of a stock low beam light on one side, and a Philips Xtreme Vision (supposed to be one of the best stock wattage halogens available) on the other side. Can you guess which is which?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Thanks for the welcome :). nah, although I'd honestly love to go down to 16s. When I looked at tires in the size I'd go with (215/45R16 since it stays very close to stock diameter) there's super limited tire options. TireRack has the Falken RT615K which is fine but not my fave. 225/14R16 apparently fits without rubbing too, but I felt like that tire size was overkill for the car and would bulge way too much on a 16x7.

These Pro Race 1.2 are the 17x7.5 fitment, and I went with 215/40 Dunlop ZII Star Specs, just in time for the start of winter :)

If I do not go 16s (I also wanted to use a 225/45 Star Spec 2, but these really are a little too wide for a 7" wide wheel, wish that TD made a 16x8 1.2. :( ), I will do that same exact setup above except for matte or gloss black and 8" wide 1.2s.

The one good thing about the 17s is that you will never have to worry about fitting the largest brakes made to work with this car. [wink]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Good start so far! Don't you guys get snow soon in Washington?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you sincerely are going to throw away your stock tires, I'll come grab them off of you for free. I'm some what local.

OP
K
Thread Starter #9
I also wanted to use a 225/45 Star Spec 2, but these really are a little too wide for a 7" wide wheel, wish that TD made a 16x8 1.2. :(
it would be too perfect

Good start so far! Don't you guys get snow soon in Washington?
sure probably but the FiST is just a hobby for me I don't ever drive it. Star Specs are fine as winter tires for me lol. I'm very serious about it being a garage queen. Like idk maybe 2500km a year if i take a lot of long road trips.

If you sincerely are going to throw away your stock tires, I'll come grab them off of you for free. I'm some what local.
I'll see what I can do. I told them to dispose and the dude looked at me like I was insane (which.. okay). If I can figure out a way to get them all into the car (I'll have the 4 team dynamics boxes with the stock wheels in them), I'll bring them home and hide them behind my car in the parking garage.

After work today I'll hop on the train over to the tire place and get some photos of the sexy new wheels installed :)

I'll pick them up as soon as you need me too so it isn't a hassle. PM me anytime. I'm about a two hour drive out.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
After work today I'll hop on the train over to the tire place and get some photos of the sexy new wheels installed :)

PLEASE DO when you get a chance since there is only one other on here who has that setup (but 8s instead of 7.5s) that I know of, and I cannot find his posted pics now. [:(]

OP
K
Thread Starter #12
PLEASE DO when you get a chance since there is only one other on here who has that setup (but 8s instead of 7.5s) that I know of, and I cannot find his posted pics now. [:(]
ah then you're about to be disappointed because it was dark and I just snapped a few pics with my phone lol.

Your wheels look incredible and your set up is perfect. Extremely envious. By the way, there's a meet in Burlington Mall next Friday. I know it's not very close to you, but if you're feeling up to it, come on out. I want to meet some other FiST owners and snap some shots.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
No, that's fine! Looks GREAT!! [thumb]

That is fully stock/factory suspension, correct?

Are you going to use the TD center caps?

That definitely makes me want to go the 17x8 1.2 route with THOSE tires on them, un-sprung/rotational WEIGHT BE DAMNED!!!!

OP
K
Thread Starter #15
Burlington meet, eh? It's a trek but not too terrible, as long as it was later in the evening or on the weekend. I'll be back in NYC next weekend though, basically flying back and forth every week the rest of the year blah. Maybe next time :). Also, I wasn't able to get the tires. They claim they had a tire pickup come during the day but they also "lost" the set of brand new TPMS sensors I brought them so...

M-Sport fan --Fully stock suspension. The car has 400 miles on it give me a break hehe. I need to read up on coilover setups (european dampers preferred). Probably won't buy anything until January, too busy with travel and stuff before then.

Figured wider wasn't worth the weight for me, I would have done 8" with a 225. I ran 215/40-17 on a 17x7 on my Mazdaspeed MX-5, and they felt good but I knew it would be better with a slightly wider wheel. 7.5 feels pretty good, though I've only driven the 3 miles home from the tire installer which was at approximately 15 mi/hr most of the way.

I hate the TD center caps a lot. I just want a flat black or bronze cap, nothing that bulges out. Just need a cap with a 55mm inner diameter, which apparently takes a month to source from thailand or bulgaria on ebay for some reason.

OP
K
Thread Starter #16
Went down to the garage to install a cravenspeed antenna and some black lug nuts, clean and wax/seal the new wheels, and get rid of that awful glossy tire shine stuff the tire place put on. Snapped a few photos while I was there.

alignment looks wonky to me but it could just be that my parking space is on an incline in the garage (RIP being able to even rotate tires myself)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Looking good , need a nice set of coils! X37 turbo and you're set lol

OP
K
Thread Starter #18
Looking good , need a nice set of coils! X37 turbo and you're set lol

suspension is the next big thing for sure, just started researching options yesterday really. Told myself I wasn't going to mod this car and 400 miles in I'm already running a tune, am on my second set of tires, and am browsing coilovers. oops

Turbo upgrades though, I have to stop myself somewhere. The car was plenty fast enough from the factory, I mainly got the accessport to get rid of rev hang and stuff like that, and also for the fun data. The exhaust because well the car is just too silent without it.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
My car was Stock for very little, in less than a year of ownership I've done the following.

I also said I would never mod this car, as I've had other cars I've modded from stock. Opps

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The exhaust because well the car is just too silent without it.
^^^I could not agree more with the above statement!!! [thumb]

I am getting a CP-E Nexus system mainly as a 'clutch saver', and NOT just to have a 'noisemaker'. [wink]

The car looks phenomenal as it sits, and visually/aesthetically about the only thing I would do to it is maybe add a front splitter, IF you don't have to deal with too many steep driveways, speed bumps, or tall curbs/parking stop stones, and possibly a rear spoiler lip/Gurney flap.