Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Open Source Tuning Interest?

Is anyone interested in an Open Source Tuning project for the Fist-St...?

I have dug in some and have found some maps that are similar with the Veloster Turbo 1.6Gdi-T, I actually have A2l files for both the manual, and Automatic. I have done extensive disassembly and tuning on them. I am looking for individuals that want a Self Tuning soluition developed by a smart community..

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Is anyone interested in an Open Source Tuning project for the Fist-St...?

I have dug in some and have found some maps that are similar with the Veloster Turbo 1.6Gdi-T, I actually have A2l files for both the manual, and Automatic. I have done extensive disassembly and tuning on them. I am looking for individuals that want a Self Tuning soluition developed by a smart community..
We have Cobb, though.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How much access does COBB let the public have with their products.......?
It's not free, and you have to take a class, but AccessTuner gives you the same access as a Pro Tuner. If you're talking about providing your own open source map for free, I applaud you.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I think this is one thing I'd rather keep privately accessible. I want to know my money is going to someone knowledgable that will give me the most power reliably.

Erbarry

U.S. Marine Veteran
Did the files I sent you help out? I'm interested in this so keep me in the loop.

I'm interested as well but I believe taking that cobb class and using pro tuner is our best option at this time.

OP
Murdered Out St
Thread Starter #10
I have I my possession what appears to be the A2L file for the St180, so now I will go forward in my tuning project, I want to post screen shots, but haven't figured out how to do so...lol

OP
Murdered Out St
Thread Starter #12
Did the files I sent you help out? I'm interested in this so keep me in the loop.
sorry, they did not, I have been busy though, and I have now is what I believe is 100 percent full access to the ecu ( I am still confirming this ) as I have in my possession is a A2L file and matching hex file.

If custom tuning is something you guys are interested in (open source). I'm related to one of the lead board designers for MegaSquirt.

Just sayin'

I'm extremely interested. I've had my fair share of experience with Megasquirt in the turbo Miata community and had an open source tune on my FRS that I was exceptionally happy with.

I'm also in the Orlando area as well, so if there is anything you need from a local, just let me know.

OpenSource was the go to for most people in the Subaru community when I was involved in 07-09. Kieth at awdtuning did all of mine and I couldnt be happier. Since then they have exploded and are official tuners for nearly all the main hardware and software platforms.

the reason myself and others went OS was that there was no hardware cost and you werent limited to what tuners you used. For the price of the Cobb AP (in 2007), I was able to get TBE, STi TMIC and a SPT Intake. Then paid the same for an OS Protune that I would have paid for a Cobb Protune. basically for 1k I was able to get 250whp and 330wtq (07 WRX). Whereas if I had gone Cobb I would have only got AP and stage 1 protune for approximately the same price.

****** Cobb makes awesome product and have been invaluable in my experience with modded cars. This is by no means a Anti-Cobb stance and with the FiST platform they also seem to be the best way to go for tuning hardware/software. BUT I DO NEED THEM TO COME UP WITH AN AP FOR 2.7L TT ECOBOOST V6 (Ford Edge)

Just an FYI... the 2016 ECU file isn't the same as the 14-15. You will notice the differences when you view the tune files you download with a hex editor.