Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Fiesta ST200 on The Grand Tour "Eboladrome" lap time board

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Anyone else catch this from the Season Premiere? Apparently it will be appearing in future episodes along with the Focus RS. I think featuring this car as a performance benchmark is very cool and shows they respect this car.

zanethan

I saw it and couldn't be happier that the trio is back in my life! They had nothing but high praise for the FiST when they tested it on Top Gear a few years ago. It's one of the reasons I started looking into them.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I guess "The Stig" remains a trademark of Top Gear, so they lost him as a test driver (unless it was actually "Mike Skinner" inside the Alpinestars suit and Stilo(?) helmet)? [dunno]

zanethan

I guess "The Stig" remains a trademark of Top Gear, so they lost him as a test driver (unless it was actually "Mike Skinner" inside the Alpinestars suit and Stilo(?) helmet)? [dunno]
Yes the "Stig" and all the other segments, such as "The News" and "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car", are still trademarked under the Top Gear title; however, that title is now terrible and will soon be canceled. I gave it a shot. I really wanted to like it, but it was just way too forced and I found Chris Evans very annoying. Also, I doubt the Stig was Mike Skinner but that's the beauty of the Stig, we'll never know.

Yes the "Stig" and all the other segments, such as "The News" and "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car", are still trademarked under the Top Gear title; however, that title is now terrible and will soon be canceled. I gave it a shot. I really wanted to like it, but it was just way too forced and I found Chris Evans very annoying. Also, I doubt the Stig was Mike Skinner but that's the beauty of the Stig, we'll never know.
Evans is toast now, revamped TG should be better with Chris Harris and Matt LeBlanc now at the helm.

zanethan

Evans is toast now, revamped TG should be better with Chris Harris and Matt LeBlanc now at the helm.
Eh. I'm doubtful but I also doubt I'll even give it a second chance now that May, Hammond, and Clarkson are back.

The new one's are a bit too over the top for me. I enjoyed the middle seasons, where they had enough money to do some cool stuff, but they still had a niche audience so they could keep the British "we actually geniunely hate each other" humor between friends going. Now each joke seems pushed on the audience and I highly doubt we are going to get the old "buy crappy car" challenges anymore.

The Fiesta being on the board is cool, regardless of being the slowest on the board by a country mile haha

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
The new one's are a bit too over the top for me. I enjoyed the middle seasons, where they had enough money to do some cool stuff, but they still had a niche audience so they could keep the British "we actually geniunely hate each other" humor between friends going. Now each joke seems pushed on the audience and I highly doubt we are going to get the old "buy crappy car" challenges anymore.

The Fiesta being on the board is cool, regardless of being the slowest on the board by a country mile haha
It's the slowest but if you look at the power/weight it's quite impressive. Them putting it up there also shows they think it's a great, worthy hot hatch.

How long does it stay at the bottom? what cars will be slower that they test? any thoughts?
I'm happy to see the fiST on the list, we part of the club

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's the slowest but if you look at the power/weight it's quite impressive. Them putting it up there also shows they think it's a great, worthy hot hatch.
Also, factor in that it costs less than a tenth of the king's ransom price that some of the machinery on that list will run you.[wink]

My wife and I were watching the Top Grar Ultimate Road Trip special, with Clarkson and Hammond traipsing across Italy and the French Riviera in several different cars. In one segment on a twisty road, Hammond chooses a FIST and Clarkson a GTI. That was pretty cool.