Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Running wires to front door speakers

Has anyone undertaken this monster? It looks like the factory door plug thing with the trunk is damn near unaccessible, making running wire impossible without basically removing the dash and/or a whole lot of other components... For those of you who have amplified the speakers, did you just reuse the factory wiring? it looks dental floss thin (at least the back wiring does). I've ran new wire to the back speakers and it didn't seem anywhere as bad... Is there a trick for the fronts?

OP
F
Thread Starter #2
Got the molex connector out... while the rear doors have an empty bottom connector, the fronts is populated and basically offers little to no room to put a drill through it to make room... Sigh. Not gonna chance fucking up the entire door wiring for a speaker so the only solution is to go through the factory wiring to the door... which scares the bejesus out of me as I'll have about 110w @ 2 ohms going to the front components... which for the 20ga wire, seems like a lot. Thankfully it'll only be about 4-5 ft or whatever is between the door and the deck... (since I'll return the amplified signal back to there).

I'm gonna go work on my jeep after this, I feel a lot more competent working on 20 year old jeeps, than these newfangled cars. Back in my day... <insert story about tuning a carb with a screwdriver in the snow>

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Got the molex connector out... while the rear doors have an empty bottom connector, the fronts is populated and basically offers little to no room to put a drill through it to make room... Sigh. Not gonna chance fucking up the entire door wiring for a speaker so the only solution is to go through the factory wiring to the door... which scares the bejesus out of me as I'll have about 110w @ 2 ohms going to the front components... which for the 20ga wire, seems like a lot. Thankfully it'll only be about 4-5 ft or whatever is between the door and the deck... (since I'll return the amplified signal back to there).

I'm gonna go work on my jeep after this, I feel a lot more competent working on 20 year old jeeps, than these newfangled cars. Back in my day...
I haven't actually done the wiring myself but while looking for a decent place to mount an antenna for a shortwave radio, I noticed there is a rubber cup on the door near the top of the joint connecting the door to the chassis and covering openings into the door. I believe there is also a rubber cup in the chassis as well. Perhaps you could use this to route new wiring into the door with the proper weather protections?

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #5
I haven't actually done the wiring myself but while looking for a decent place to mount an antenna for a shortwave radio, I noticed there is a rubber cup on the door near the top of the joint connecting the door to the chassis and covering openings into the door. I believe there is also a rubber cup in the chassis as well. Perhaps you could use this to route new wiring into the door with the proper weather protections?

Sent using Tapatalk
I've looked at those but the one on the body is waay too high up on there, and no idea how I'd get to it on the driver side - on the passenger side I could if I took out the glovebox, in theory...