Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Questions On Exhaust Systems

I'm just looking at all the different options for exhaust systems at the moment and I'm just wondering if for example I were to purchase an MBRP exhaust system if a Cobb catted downpipe would connect to it. Or does each company specifically fit their downpipes to their specific exhaust system?

I'm pretty sure that the aftermarket down pipes are designed to mate to the factory exhaust, and the aftermarket exhaust is designed to mate to the factory down pipe, so I would think they would be interchangeable. It would seem silly for a company to expect only their parts to go together...

Zissou

They pretty much all go together.

I have a Cobb downpipe and MAP catback. The downpipe is a huge PITA to install.
You could also have the Cobb downpipe + MBRP catback. Though the MBRP is a 3" exhaust, the flange tapers down to fit the OEM downpipe (and Cobb).

There are exceptions when you start getting in big turbo territory to have a 3" exhaust the whole way through. The general consensus around here is that you do not need 3" with the stock turbo.

I'm pretty sure that the aftermarket down pipes are designed to mate to the factory exhaust, and the aftermarket exhaust is designed to mate to the factory down pipe, so I would think they would be interchangeable. It would seem silly for a company to expect only their parts to go together...
Correct! Most systems are meant to match up with the stock system to minimize any issues!