Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BRBauer's '16 Molten Mods

brbauer2

Going to be a long first post since I've done a lot in the 2.5 weeks of ownership the the FiST and some backstory to how I got here.

Bought a '12 Fiesta SE sedan near the end of '11.

My first new car and all was good. Loved the MPG I was getting.
I did lots of cosmetic changes over the two years I had it - interior LEDs, plastidipped the chrome, etc.

Its time with me was up after this happened.

Hit and run while parked at my apartment. I was straight in the spot and got pushed over to that angle. Damage doesn't look bad from the pictures, but there was plenty. Bumper cover, passenger side bumper/frame bent, both headlight mounting brackets broke, passenger side suspension bent.

Got it fixed up and traded her in. Was wanting to get a FiST at the time but no dealer had any on the lot with the Recaro pkg/color I wanted so I settle for a '14 SE sedan.

Over the last couple years I had kept an eye out for a FiST on dealer lots around me and Ford's incentives + my trade value. Never found the right time to trade up until a couple weeks ago. Dealer 5 minutes from my house had a '16 Molten Orange FiST in their showroom so I thought i'd go talk numbers and see what happened.

Walked out with the keys!

Had to wait a few days to get some good car washing weather.

Then I started spending money on some minor changes.
Full LED light swap minus the high/low/fog.

Mirror Directional / Side Marker

Front & Rear Map / Glovebox / 'Trunk' / License Plate

?I did have to make the opening on the rear dome reflector just slightly larger to fit the base in, will likely be the case with any bulb used.

Rear Dome

Reverse
?Holy sun these are an improvement

Rear Directional

?Tried that same bulb in the front for the parking/directional as well as these bulbs for the brake lights. They worked great and looked good...when the car was off. As soon as the engine was started the bulbs would start to flicker.

Front Parking/Directional Switchback
?Bought on eBay years ago and had them hiding in a box. I'll run them for now but not a big fan of them. The white parking light is bluer than the low/hi/fogs and looks off.

Brake
?eBay again, hiding in a box again. These are a little less bright as the new ones that flicker, but they don't flicker so I'll run them.

The ST (and likely all Fiestas) NEED to have a 6ohm 50w resistor for each LED bulb used as a directional to stop hyper flash. Also, DO NOT put a conventional bulb in after a resistor has been wired up.

Just a heads up. When I was originally putting everything in, I had ordered a cheap set of bulbs for up front. Of course, one didn't work. The resistors were already in, but I just put the OEM bulbs back in while I ordered new ones.

Don't do this!!! I overloaded the circuit and melted the insulation off part of the wiring harness. It then grounded out and killed all the lighting on the right side of my car. Thankfully a new rear harness was only 8 bucks, but it could've been much worse.
I added a LED Panel under the hood. I coated the panel in clear silicone caulk to weatherproof it. It's wired directly to the battery with an inline fuse to protect the circuit. The switch is up front by the hood support bracket/air box mount.

Upgraded the hatch lighting by putting a set of these in. The driver side wiring runs behind the interior liner to the weather seal, then across to the stock bulb location. Both sides are spliced together then plugged into the stock connector.

I bought some body fasteners and used some of my touchup paint in order to get the ugly front license plate bracket off.

Swapped the silver lugs for some black Gorilla ones.

Hardwired my dash cam and got it mounted. Barely noticeable while driving or from the outside.

Don't have a picture, but I also got my UltraGauge plugged in and wires hidden behind the trim. It's suctioned from the little wing window to be right above the left hand vent.

Installed a TB Performance Crossmember Brace that I had on the '12 & '14. Went to install their Torsion Bar Brace but found to the FiST's holes in the torsion bar are about 1" closer in and the regular Fiesta brace will not work.

Last but not least, I got her tinted today.

Solar UltraFX 70% on the windshield and 30% on the rest of the glass including moonroof.

Welcome! Looks like you picked one up equipped just like mine. I only wanted the Recaros but it seems dealerships like adding a few more high margin options as well. That tint looks beautiful, I gotta get that done asap. I've never tinted a windshield beyond a strip though. It looks good in the pic but I'd worry about night driving of course. Is it fine?

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #3
Still some setting in that needs to happen, but I did take it out tonight. The 70% is dark enough to help cut glare from oncoming traffic but not too dark.

Forgot to mention that I scheduled my winter wheel swap for next weekend.
MB Turbo w/Blizzaks - here they are on the '14 last winter

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #4
Spent some $$$

Only other plans right now [SUB](let's see how long...) [/SUB]are the Boomba RMM and shifter kit.

I've been double shifting for the better part of 2 months now and I got my refund check from the extended warranty/maintenance plan from my traded '14, so I and decided to treat myself to an early Christmas. [hihi]

Boosted Designs Double ST Keychain

Boomba Racing Sound Symposer Delete

Boomba Racing Rear Motor Mount

Boomba Racing Ultimate Shift Kit

Dead Hook Motorsports Shifter Extension - Bend

Mishimoto Induction Hose 2016

Damond Motorsports Oil Catch Can (Red -No VTA)

Stratified COBB Accessport w/Flash Tune

I have a Magnaflow exhaust in the basement that I had on the '12. I need to investigate fitment since they have different part numbers for the regular hatch and the ST. (the one I have is for the Hatch since the Sedan model was not released when I purchased)

I also have a new Fiesta Handling Pack in the basement. I ran this kit on the '12 as well and loved it in that but I'm not sure how it compares to the stock ST setup.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #8
For a winter wheel that's not really a bad look!!!
Thanks! The finish is beat to hell on them after a couple seasons to the point I might get them sandblasted and powder coated for next year.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #9
My parts have started to arrive!

Installed the Damond OCC, Mishimoto Induction Hose, and flashed COBB Stage 1 93 OTS.

Won't be able to get the shift kit or motor mount installed for about a week.

OP
brbauer2

brbauer2

Thread Starter #10
The install video makes it look so damn easy. Took the better part of 30 minutes to get the symposer out of the hose.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk