Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Aftermarket suspension performance numbers?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Just like the data you get from tire manufacturers, shock manufacturers, brake manufacturers... There is no data. The manufacturers aren't selling you a thing. The retailers are usually the ones selling to you. Manufacturers typically sell to wholesalers or retailers not the consumers.

If I want information on a product before I buy I find the best source is not the manufacturer or the retailer but third party reviewers and the reviews of consumers. I bought my Fiesta not because the manufactured told me something but because I read reviews by other people who used it.

To every manufacturer, their product is always the best product for you to buy...

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #62
There are no numbers because they don't increase performance. That's all you needed to say.

There are no numbers because they don't increase performance. That's all you needed to say.
That's a mighty big conclusion to make if you have no data yourself to back it up, right? Just following your logic. If I don't have data saying a different suspension is better than OEM, and you don't have the data showing a different suspension is worse than OEM, how can the conclusion be made that OEM is better?

neeqness

1000 Post Club
That's a mighty big conclusion to make if you have no data yourself to back it up, right? Just following your logic. If I don't have data saying a different suspension is better than OEM, and you don't have the data showing a different suspension is worse than OEM, how can the conclusion be made that OEM is better?
Exactly. He needs to bring his own data to back his own statements or let it go already and leave it to those who at least have experience with it...

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
R
Thread Starter #65
I know right. No, absolutely none, spring company ever put short springs on a vehicle and sold them on the market place days after the new chassis vehicle hit dealer lots. Stiffer spring less travel always equals better grip.

Heavin forbid a company that spends a year measuring testing remesuring chassis geometry then engineering new attachment points that will lower a vehicle without losing travel all so you have more grip and a softer ride(correct suspension geometry and you get much less brakes dive roll motion). Then give you numbers to back up their engineered suspension.

A company does do that in the mustang marketplace. I was asking if anyone did that for the fist.

I know right. No, absolutely none, spring company ever put short springs on a vehicle and sold them on the market place days after the new chassis vehicle hit dealer lots. Stiffer spring less travel always equals better grip.

Heavin forbid a company that spends a year measuring testing remesuring chassis geometry then engineering new attachment points that will lower a vehicle without losing travel all so you have more grip and a softer ride(correct suspension geometry and you get much less brakes dive roll motion). Then give you numbers to back up their engineered suspension.

A company does do that in the mustang marketplace. I was asking if anyone did that for the fist.
So you admit there is a lack of data on Fiesta suspensions? And also in the same breath claim that OEM is best without any data, or having tried a different setup your self?

Keep the OEM suspension or not, I don't care. What I do know however, is that the MeisterR coilovers I run are an improvement in how the car feels on a daily basis, which was my biggest reasoning for using them; the OEM suspension was too bouncy/sharp/harsh (insert adjective of choice). I will also state that I do not believe to have given up any of the performance that makes the FiST so much fun.