Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seqouia National Forest drive

Was able to get an afternoon off to pick up a special order of Citra Double IPA from Kern River Brewing Company. Since I had some time, I decided to drive into Sequoia National Forest and take the long route home. This was my first real drive with the 195/55/15 BFG Sport Comp 2 tires and 15x8 +35 Team Dynamics. Earlier, i was complaining about initial turn in being poor and driving on water balloons for weight transfer.... how did they do for a spirited drive???

Pretty good! The tires still have those interesting characteristics, but I will say that the grip and audible feedback was pretty surprising for a tame everyday tire. The obvious differences from driving with the stock wheel/tire combo is that there is a noticeable amount of... squish in the tire. What do I mean? I mean, when loading up for a turn, you can feel the weight transfer of the car with the suspension, but take it a next step further with the sidewalls of the tires. Makes sense because of the height of the tire and relative weakness of the sidewalls, just an observation that there seems to be more body roll with this combo.

Did I feel like this was detrimental to the fun factor of canyon driving? No. I still had a blast, it was just a matter of getting use to the dynamics of the tire, which didnt take that much time at all. As I left the canyons and was nearing the state highway, There was a limestone mine/depository that made for a quick and fun bit of rally cross to end the drive. The fact that I had the level of grip that I did for the streets, the level of audible communication if/when i approached the limit of the tire, and that I could play in the dirt and not worry about destroying my tires.... yesterday was a good day. Here's some shots from the drive. You won't be seeing any Sequoia tree's on this trip, that was another 30 miles north and I was limited on time :-(

Meadow Fire in the background.

Lots of fun tight turns on the way up to 9400 feet. Definitely a good time in the little canyon carver.

Another photo, closer to the peak, fire's smoke in the background.

9400 feet.

In the shadows going downhill primarily.

50 degree weather.

Remnants of Chimney Peak Fire 2016.

Completely random to see this, as we are 30 miles from any city/town.

Aint no care. Back in the desert.