Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

squeaky noise front passenger side

Thanks for sharing! I’m running the mishimoto oil catch can. It bolts to this motor mount actually. From what point did you jack the engine and is it really needed to lift the engine slightly?
Right underneath where you drain the engine oil. I also placed a piece of yoga foam between the engine and the jack so it doesn't damage the underside. And yes, you want the bolts to be placed back correctly so that the engine mount is flushed with the engine so jacking the engine up before re-screwing the bolts back in is a must.

I fixed mine back on monday. It was indeed the passenger side motor mount. What I did was remove the coolant then I removed the bolts holding the motor mount to the engine. Remember to jack the engine up or you will stress out the other mounts supporting it. I then removed the center bolt of the motor mount which was holding that rubber piece you were taking about. This bolt is springy so it's essential you dont loosen it too much but just enough where you can seperate the rubber from it's housing. Then I lubricated the rubber and housing with silicone lubricant. (Dont use WD40 because that eats rubber up). Finally bolt everything back. I dont know what the torque specs were but I did 80ft/lbs lol. Now the creak is gone and the shift clunks are surprisingly gone too!
Out of curiosity, are you still running the stock rmm or it has been upgraded? I am wondering if the soft stock rmm is causing the right mount to go out so quick.

Today I put my fist on ramps, then supported the engine with a floor jack and a black of wood. Very gently did I apply force wth the jack on the oil pan just enough to hold the engine weight while I loosened the center bolt of the passenger side motor mount. I did not remove the bolt, or even close, just loosened it enough to allow the rubber bushing to move. Then I sprayed it the best I could with Tro-Flo PTFE lubricant.

Then tightened the engine mount center bolt to 80lb ft.

Voila squeaking is gone.

If it returns I may buy the cp-e or turbo tech racing aftermarket engine mount, but they’re a little pricey so I will see if this quick fix will hold

I'd had enough of mine squeaking like this with no logical cause and after many visual inspections, so one night at work I popped my hood and started trying to rock my engine by hand as violently as I could. Sure enough, weak ass passenger side mount was making the noise. Ugh, I hate that sound! I feel like it makes the car feel rickety to drive!
I'm gonna just get the POWERFLEX inserts like [MENTION=6657]hendrixsrv[/MENTION] as well. I had them in my Integra, Civic SI, and CRX once upon a time and they worked great!

I fixed mine back on monday. It was indeed the passenger side motor mount. What I did was remove the coolant then I removed the bolts holding the motor mount to the engine. Remember to jack the engine up or you will stress out the other mounts supporting it. I then removed the center bolt of the motor mount which was holding that rubber piece you were taking about. This bolt is springy so it's essential you dont loosen it too much but just enough where you can seperate the rubber from it's housing. Then I lubricated the rubber and housing with silicone lubricant. (Dont use WD40 because that eats rubber up). Finally bolt everything back. I dont know what the torque specs were but I did 80ft/lbs lol. Now the creak is gone and the shift clunks are surprisingly gone too!
IT WORKED!!! Thank you for the quick fix! Did it yesterday only I didn't take out the bolt, I had one of those straws on the end of my silicone spray can and sprayed it into the small indent molds on each side on the bushing facing me between the two pieces of metal. Drove all the way to work and back with NO SQUEAKING ON EVERY SHIFT! Cheers friend! [cheers] +1

IT WORKED!!! Thank you for the quick fix! Did it yesterday only I didn't take out the bolt, I had one of those straws on the end of my silicone spray can and sprayed it into the small indent molds on each side on the bushing facing me between the two pieces of metal. Drove all the way to work and back with NO SQUEAKING ON EVERY SHIFT! Cheers friend! [cheers] +1
Awesome! Glad to help man!

UPDATE:
Installed my PowerFlex insert from [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION] this morning, squeaking is gone and the shifts feel much better.
Thank god, that sh*t was annoying!
Glad to hear it, how did you jack the engine up to get the mounts out for the poly inserts?

I know i'v been told to never jack from the oil pan
and jacking at the center could put serious stress
on the bolts holding the trany to the engine right?

Thanks in advance, looking to buy those power flex inserts too.

Glad to hear it, how did you jack the engine up to get the mounts out for the poly inserts?

I know i'v been told to never jack from the oil pan
and jacking at the center could put serious stress
on the bolts holding the trany to the engine right?

Thanks in advance, looking to buy those power flex inserts too.
I did this with the car sitting on the ground.
I placed a 2x4 between the oil pan and jack pad to lift, pumping the jack ever so slowly to place *just* a little tension on the mount.
Also, I did not fully remove the mount from the car. Rather, I moved the coolant reservoir out of the way and loosened the center bolt on the rubber portion of the mount. I also loosened the nuts holding the mount to the engine, it makes the insert easier to install without fully removing.
As I loosened the center nut (DO NOT FULLY REMOVE, it's a PITA if you do), I correspondingly would jack up the engine little by little, until I was able to separate the black rubber from the metal and insert the Powerflex bushing.
I did not, however, install the supplied O-ring as I figured the weight of the engine combined with the downward pressure created when torquing the engine mount would be sufficient to keep it in place.

It's been one week so far, mount is still in place and noise has not returned.
I'm planning on purchasing and installing the trans side soon as well, should be an easy job :)

I did this with the car sitting on the ground.
I placed a 2x4 between the oil pan and jack pad to lift, pumping the jack ever so slowly to place *just* a little tension on the mount.
Also, I did not fully remove the mount from the car. Rather, I moved the coolant reservoir out of the way and loosened the center bolt on the rubber portion of the mount. I also loosened the nuts holding the mount to the engine, it makes the insert easier to install without fully removing.
As I loosened the center nut (DO NOT FULLY REMOVE, it's a PITA if you do), I correspondingly would jack up the engine little by little, until I was able to separate the black rubber from the metal and insert the Powerflex bushing.
I did not, however, install the supplied O-ring as I figured the weight of the engine combined with the downward pressure created when torquing the engine mount would be sufficient to keep it in place.

It's been one week so far, mount is still in place and noise has not returned.
I'm planning on purchasing and installing the trans side soon as well, should be an easy job :)
Okay sweet!
Thanks again [twothumb]

Just got mine ordered, thanks ron@whoosh!

I'll keep you guys posted on the install and test drive. [party]

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I love it when people figure out these annoying things and share their fixes.

[video=youtube;YRjWoDB-VkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRjWoDB-VkY[/video]

UPDATE:
Just installed (on Monday) the powerflex trans mount insert.
Feel solid, even less squeaks from engine bay, and also no extra NVH.
A good purchase for <$60, thanks [MENTION=5976]ron@whoosh[/MENTION]!

Next up: Mishimoto intercooler (factory fit) that I picked up from [MENTION=5483]chexmixa[/MENTION] !

Just got my Powerflex Inserts installed today both trans and engine and WOW!

What a difference!

The awful clunking noise from shifting is gone, rev matching is 100% better without the engine flopping around lololol.

One thing I didn't do was torquing the 3 trans nuts to 125 nm,
seemed over kill and simply did them good and tight at 80 nm,
hope it doesn't cause issues in the future..

Everything else is torqued to spec and I loctighted the black bolts only.

There is a little bit more vibration on idle but its almost unnoticeable, LOVE IT!

Thank again Ron@whoosh for making it possible for us in the USA to get a hold of such great parts!

[lovest]

Just got my Powerflex Inserts installed today both trans and engine and WOW!

What a difference!

The awful clunking noise from shifting is gone, rev matching is 100% better without the engine flopping around lololol.

One thing I didn't do was torquing the 3 trans nuts to 125 nm,
seemed over kill and simply did them good and tight at 80 nm,
hope it doesn't cause issues in the future..

Everything else is torqued to spec and I loctighted the black bolts only.

There is a little bit more vibration on idle but its almost unnoticeable, LOVE IT!

Thank again Ron@whoosh for making it possible for us in the USA to get a hold of such great parts!

[lovest]
Which version did you purchase? You can buy either the Yellow Street or Black Race. My car is at the shop getting the passenger side engine mount replaced under powertrain warranty. That may be a good option for anyone who has a noisy mount or think they have failed.

I will likely purchase these after getting the new mount installed. How difficult is the installation process for both engine and transmission mounts? Does it come with instructions?

Thanks!

Which version did you purchase? You can buy either the Yellow Street or Black Race. My car is at the shop getting the passenger side engine mount replaced under powertrain warranty. That may be a good option for anyone who has a noisy mount or think they have failed.

I will likely purchase these after getting the new mount installed. How difficult is the installation process for both engine and transmission mounts? Does it come with instructions?

Thanks!
Hi S_Manley, I got the yellow street version, install is pretty easy just a little time consuming, I went out to home depot to get blue lock tight and a pressure treated 2 x 4 cut to put my jack on to support the engine and transmission. Both packaging comes with instructions for each side its just a little vague, I read a lot of the post on this thread for more details on other users installing the bushings right below:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/14411-Powerflex-Motor-Mount-Inserts

Tons of great information on that thread!
Be sure to read from page 1 to the last one and it should get you right up to speed, I know
it made me feel a lot better about getting them and install after reading.

It took me about 1 hour to 1 1/2 since i am a novice at mechanical stuff lol, hope this was helpful and you get your car back soon!

Hi S_Manley, I got the yellow street version, install is pretty easy just a little time consuming, I went out to home depot to get blue lock tight and a pressure treated 2 x 4 cut to put my jack on to support the engine and transmission. Both packaging comes with instructions for each side its just a little vague, I read a lot of the post on this thread for more details on other users installing the bushings right below:

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/14411-Powerflex-Motor-Mount-Inserts

Tons of great information on that thread!
Be sure to read from page 1 to the last one and it should get you right up to speed, I know
it made me feel a lot better about getting them and install after reading.

It took me about 1 hour to 1 1/2 since i am a novice at mechanical stuff lol, hope this was helpful and you get your car back soon!
Here's an update: They determined that the passenger-side engine mount was failing and was ultimately replaced under factory powertrain warranty.

It is like a different car now. It was so squeaky before and now it's quiet as can be.

Last night, I installed the PowerFlex Passenger Engine Mount Insert (Street). What a difference that makes. The car is more there and feels more sporty and aggressive without being annoying. Thanks to Ron@whoosh for getting it out to me! Please go to Ron for all of your FiST parts before going anywhere else.

I have now ordered the transmission side insert and also ordered a new transmission-side mount (it's $30 shipped) as I might as well replace it and start with a new reinforced mount while I am in there.

If you are having a lot of noise coming from your engine bay, get those mounts checked out. They are NOT up to the task of securing the engine with the amount of torque it puts out (it's the same part as the regular Fiesta).

Thanks for the link to the Powerflex thread, it was very helpful.

Next up: Intercooler Kit!