Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Me Teaching my Girlfriend to Drive STick

Look like me the first day I got my FiST. Not ashamed to admit it.

Three weeks later, I'm only barely better :D

Good for you man, you should feel honored that you get to teach her something that you enjoy so much. I did the same thing last summer with my GF, so maybe I can offer a tip. Obviously the hardest thing to learn is getting moving from a stand still. I initially told her to 'apply some gas while releasing the clutch', which is what you should do but in reality what ends up happening is she would either under-gas and stall or over-gas and launch hah. So we changed the approach to 'release the clutch until you feel it start to grab, then apply some gas'. It really seemed to help, now shes driving her own car that is stick :).

I taught my Fiancee how to drive a stick in my old 2.4 SRT swapped first gen neon. Made almost 500 at the crank. she did well. She drove my cyborg fiesta all the time, even learned how to race a little bit. When I told her I was trading the fiesta in for my 17 fusion sport. she got sad and was like nope. you have to buy another stick. She loved driving my fiesta. Half the time she drove it more than me.

My girl has yet to drive my car, I banned her when I caught her riding the clutch in my old tC. I asked her how often she uses the clutch as a foot rest: "All the time".

Yup, in that case you don't get to drive my new car!

are we all too adult here to go for the easy joke?

My wife already knew how to drive a stick when I met her [giggle]

letitreign also provides a really good point about sharing stuff you like with her.

DexCRX

always made me happy to have an extra DD to teach friends manual in. didnt have to worry about my newer/nicer car getting messed up