Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

26 psi on stratified tune?

So I recently installed an ap3 on my '16 FiST. I purchased it through stratified so I also received a semi custom tune. My car is completely stock besides a mishimoto hot side intercooler pipe, and a bov. I had them tune accordingly and for 92 octane ethanol free gas. I love the tune! It feels great! The readings seem okay on my AP except I'm consistently getting 25.83-26.00 max boost psi readings, I feel like that's pretty dang high! Is this normal or okay to have with a stock intercooler? Thanks!

2006ser

Datalog..... also if its spike its not to big of a deal what does it drop down to? Whats your afr?

TUX15ST

Its more normal if your car is running less efficiently (stock ic) higher temps will require more boost to hit your tq targets, i personally only typically hit 24psi unless the outside temps are near the 85-100s in which my charge temps increase and ill see about 25-26psi on a pull

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Does the volume of an aftermarket IC also come into play here, to the point that a tuner might try to push the boost that little bit higher to facilitate the 'filling' of a larger core capacity IC quicker to negate any pressure drop? [???:)]

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Does the volume of an aftermarket IC also come into play here, to the point that a tuner might try to push the boost that little bit higher to facilitate the 'filling' of a larger core capacity IC quicker to negate any pressure drop? [???:)]
Like[emoji91][emoji91][emoji457]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

Temps have been around 5-10' celsius here.
Ever since I got the Strat v3 tune, if I WOT, I can go past 26 psi.

Not sure if it's the temp, the tune, or a bit of both. I probably should do a log when I can and make sure it's ok.

OP
G
Thread Starter #10
Datalog..... also if its spike its not to big of a deal what does it drop down to? Whats your afr?
It's just spiking that high, it spiked to 26.11 yesterday. My afr was 10.88/44.10 after some hard pulls. Ign cor cyl 1 was 0.00/+4.50.

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
Its more normal if your car is running less efficiently (stock ic) higher temps will require more boost to hit your tq targets, i personally only typically hit 24psi unless the outside temps are near the 85-100s in which my charge temps increase and ill see about 25-26psi on a pull
. Hmm I see what your saying! Although my charge temps were 46.9/71.8 which I feel isn't high enough to have an effect. I might be completely wrong though.

TUX15ST

. Hmm i see what your saying! Although my charge temps were 46.9/71.8 which i feel isn't high enough to have an effect. I might be completely wrong though.
your saying ambient was 47 and your cat were 72? Thats a decent enough increase, i only see about 15 degree rise on the 90ish degree days when i get close to 26 psi