Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Alternative Exhaust Hangers

DvC

If you end up getting them post your experience. I couldnt bring myself to purchase the cobb ones either

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
cheaper alternative I carry? Torque Solutions $27 for 3
I have Cobb and Torque, EXACTLY the same...I had a few customers test these in sets of 3 and 4
Feedback is the one by the downpipe can be left stock so 3 is the best number

I also have a few sets of Red poly hangers from China I'd ship pretty cheap
Brought in a bunch just making sure I knew the right parts to use for the FIST lol

http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/torque-solution-fiesta-st-poly-exhaust-hanger-kit

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Ron, are these the ones with multiple holes in them like in the eBay link above? I have a Mountune exhaust coming in soon and I read somewhere in one of the threads here that the tips sit a little too close to the bumper when using the stock hangers. One guy suggested using a longer hanger for the one closest to the tip so it sits lower (and looks better). If so, I'd probably work out a deal to buy two of the Torque Solutions hangers and one of the multi-holed ones from you.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron, are these the ones with multiple holes in them like in the eBay link above? I have a Mountune exhaust coming in soon and I read somewhere in one of the threads here that the tips sit a little too close to the bumper when using the stock hangers. One guy suggested using a longer hanger for the one closest to the tip so it sits lower (and looks better). If so, I'd probably work out a deal to buy two of the Torque Solutions hangers and one of the multi-holed ones from you.
no sorry
these are just the 2 hole hangers
but...
all the hangers, the Cobb, Torque, and the China specials I have are a little longer than OEM so this should help your situation

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
I have Cobb and Torque, EXACTLY the same...I had a few customers test these in sets of 3 and 4

Brought in a bunch just making sure I knew the right parts to use for the FIST lol

http://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/s550-mustang/products/torque-solution-fiesta-st-poly-exhaust-hanger-kit
PM sent about the red poly hangers.

I noticed some alternative hangers from the other side of the pond. Thought it was interesting that Mountune doesn't offer them stateside. Does anyone have a ford part # for these?

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk7-fiesta-st/products/exhaust-isolator

http://www.sico-developments.co.uk/...rated-exhaust-mount-bushes?variant=1091044856

EDIT :Mountune is now selling the exhaust hangers from their US store http://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Exhaust-Isolator-Fiesta-ST-p/2364-ei-aa.htm

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Just an update for anyone interested, I went ahead and bought the multi-holed hangers off eBay. I bought 3 (not planning to change the one closest to the DP) and figured I'd just give it a go.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
So the hangers came in a while ago and I just installed them yesterday with my Mountune CBE. These hangers are much stiffer than the stock ones I pulled out. The stock hangers are squishy, the new ones barely even bend.

I read in other threads about how the Mountune exhaust sits too high on stock-sized hangers where the tips almost touch the bumper. Some users have had to bend the hanging rods on the exhaust or employ zip ties to stretch out the hangers. These multi-holed hangers are great for adjustability. I ended up using the second hole (out of 3) for the two hanger locations closest to the rear and the first top-most hole for the mid-pipe. This gave a good clearance between the tips and the bumper and it doesn't sit too low.

Hopefully this info helps.

Which brand of hangers did you get? I am running stock hangers and my MAP CBE passenger side tip finally burnt through the bumper at Laguna Seca yesterday.

OP
S
Thread Starter #13
I went with generic polys from eBay. There's a link in the first post that's similar to the ones I bought (I got red ones from a different seller). I think I ended up paying about $23 for 3, shipping included.

Probably a longshot but the China hangers gone?

I've had 3 of these from Ron for a few weeks, finally put these on today. They are VERY stiff so I'd recommend using a heat gun and big pliers.
Good to know, Ron mentioned they were very similar to the other two options so I went with them. Ready to get my ass beat putting my exhaust on next weekend [rockon]

Siestarider

Ready to get my ass beat putting my exhaust on next weekend [rockon]
Good insight. Lube holes in hangers with lithium or teflon grease, helps a lot.

I finally got my Mountune to ride ok with stock hangers, but last trackday running over bumpy pit lane, its hitting underside of body. Now I need stiffer but slightly longer hangers to solve that problem. Any recommendations?

I finally got my Mountune to ride ok with stock hangers, but last trackday running over bumpy pit lane, its hitting underside of body. Now I need stiffer but slightly longer hangers to solve that problem. Any recommendations?
I bought the "china special" red ones from Ron that will be here Thursday. Ill take some pics and let you know how firm they are!

Hey man I installed my exhaust with the china hangers and by god they were a tight fit. We used some silicon lube and we still got beat. We ended up using channel locks and got them on, but at one point we were gonna drill the back one out lmao. I am very happy I went with these because they are sooooo stiff. That exhaust isn't going anywhere.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk