Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maxxim Sixx Silver Wheels 16x7 +40

So these are legit guys? I don't want to be scammed. Seems like a too good to be true and if it's a fake it's going to be trouble disputing

Tread Depot has been around for quite some time. I'm assuming they're getting rid of these at cost. The scary part is that if this is cost then we are paying way, way to freakin' much for wheels.

Yea I saw on tread Depot they are at around 200 shipped and this is slightly less on ebay. I'm not sure who to buy it from, I just want to have a bit of security in getting my money back if they're not good you know. Hopefully they are just trying to get rid of back stock

I was constantly going back and forth in choosing either 15" or 16" wheels. Given the limited choices I wasn't crazy about either style or color and just couldnt justify spending +400 for wheels that I
1. Was not crazy about.
2. Didn't care for the color
3. We're heavier than I wanted
4. Wasn't sure I wanted to go 15" or 16"
So, a full set of rims for $110 delivered to my door that claim 16lbs per wheel, they can be Brown multi lug wheels all they want. I can live with these for a year to decide if I want to go down to 15" or find a better 16"

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I got scammed on a tent on eBay not long ago on a deal that was too good to be true like this. Someone hacked a user and made bogus things fs. For the people that paid did the PayPal payment look normal? I could see that was from foreign country on my bank statements.I got my money back after week or so because your protected with eBay and PayPal if fraud.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
I was constantly going back and forth in choosing either 15" or 16" wheels. Given the limited choices I wasn't crazy about either style or color and just couldnt justify spending +400 for wheels that I
1. Was not crazy about.
2. Didn't care for the color
3. We're heavier than I wanted
4. Wasn't sure I wanted to go 15" or 16"
So, a full set of rims for $110 delivered to my door that claim 16lbs per wheel, they can be Brown multi lug wheels all they want. I can live with these for a year to decide if I want to go down to 15" or find a better 16"

Hopefully the multilug setup doesn't break on you like some wheels do with the holes so close to each other lol

OP
B
Thread Starter #28
Well my payment went to treadepot.com and the contact information matches the sales@treadepot from the website. So I'm not worried about it, I haven't gotten any shopping noticifaction or anything, but they may be closed till Monday for the holiday weekend.

I don't think any of us have any other way to know if it's legit except waiting for shipment. You could try calling them...

Hopefully the multilug setup doesn't break on you like some wheels do with the holes so close to each other lol
Well it is a daily driver and I don't go to the track so most likely won't see the strain needed to crack. And if some members highly recommend the Maxxim Winners and have put those through stress and are fine. I belive they should be fine.[thumb]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yes, I always get "shot down" on here by the 'know it alls' <- (an affable term of endearment, and RESPECT, NOT a putdown!) for worrying about stress risers forming, and weakness due to less material there, on the double drilled factory hubs/rotor hats necessary for the 4x100 conversion, so maybe it's the same for a decent alloy wheel? [dunno]

I just don't like the double pattern due to aesthetics.

Based

In regards to cracking due to multi lug pattern, I had Rota Slipstreams on my Miata for a year before I wrecked and they didn't crack or anything. They aren't multi lug but they do have gaps in between the lug nut holes.

I am with you. I do not like the looks of them either. However in a world were selection 4x108 wheels are limited, it becomes even more limited to find wheels specifically drilled for 4x108. The question is does it weaken the integrity of the wheel having 8 holes drilled in a 2" thick piece of metal? My answer would be yes, but depends on the driving conditions and the capability of the car to add the necessary stress, as well as, how often it is put under such conditions. It is at that point that I would imagine that ANY wheel would give way not at the hub, but at the spokes. IMO.

I wonder if there is some sort of cap out there that can be placed in the holes not being used so that it doesn't look so bad?

Wel,l I got a email from Treaddepot asking for the year, make and model of the vehicle to ensure fitment. So far so good.

I was trying to find pictures of the Maxxim Sixx other than the 3/4 view that we have seen. I couldn't find anything but I did find the Konig version. It is called the Konig Backbone. There are a few pics of what this wheel looks like if you google search.

I also received the email asking about what car I had, so seems pretty legit so far.

+1 on something to plug the extra lug holes with. I'm sure Google will provide as always.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Wheels & Tires 2
rooSTer Wheels & Tires 7