Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Maxxim Sixx Silver Wheels 16x7 +40

Ive got $5 on the fuzzy boots in the background. My kid's ruin my stuff all the time.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is that plate real, or is that photoshopped??

IF real, I wish that we were allowed 10 spaces on our vanity plates here!!

Ive got $5 on the fuzzy boots in the background. My kid's ruin my stuff all the time.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
That's a safe bet most the time hah

Is that plate real, or is that photoshopped??

IF real, I wish that we were allowed 10 spaces on our vanity plates here!!
Not real, we don't get that many spaces either.

Waterfan

I got the same tire. I really like them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Awesome tire for the price (205/45-16 BFG SC2, ~$80). I like mine a lot. I'm due for tires in <6 months and I'm going for the new Firestone Indy 500 next, 2lbs lighter, same price range, same if not better reviews.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Awesome tire for the price (205/45-16 BFG SC2, ~$80). I like mine a lot. I'm due for tires in <6 months and I'm going for the new Firestone Indy 500 next, 2lbs lighter, same price range, same if not better reviews.
Interested to hear your thoughts when you get them! I love mines and find them better than my sc2's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Interested to hear your thoughts when you get them! I love mines and find them better than my sc2's.

At least as far as dry grip goes, I cannot see how they could not be better, just going by the tread pattern, and huge outer tread blocks alone (they have the same tread wear rating, albeit from different companies, so who knows what, if any actual compound differences exist?). ;)

Waterfan

Interested to hear your thoughts when you get them! I love mines and find them better than my sc2's

What pressures did you run in the SC2s? Do you run the same in the 500s? (42/39 in SC2s gives the best grip for me (nothing more aggressive than canyons. stock suspension). Good for hwy economy too.)

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
What pressures did you run in the SC2s? Do you run the same in the 500s? (42/39 in SC2s gives the best grip for me (nothing more aggressive than canyons. stock suspension). Good for hwy economy too.)
I've only. Always, ran the tires to oem specs. Would u recommend a different setting?

Waterfan

I've only. Always, ran the tires to oem specs. Would u recommend a different setting?
I recommend adjusting the pressures only if it interests you. Anything between 28 and 45 psi is fine for the tires themselves. In general, lower pressures give more flex and help the tires heat faster on a cold day. (I find the SC2s are nearly worthless when its >=45F. Which is pretty normal for a "summer" tire.)

I generally like the incremental fuel economy of higher range pressures on the streets (and the SC2s grip better for me at higher pressures as well. Or maybe its all in my head).

For the right oversteer/understeer balance on stock suspension, I understand the FiST likes the rears a few psi (3) less than the fronts. That's where I got the 39 in the rear, b/c I liked 42 front best.

I did 36/36 and 39/36 (this is OEM?) for awhile. 36/36 was noticeably more comfortable but less grippy for me.

TL;DR - Anything between 28 and 45 psi is fine for the tires themselves, feel free to play around if it interests you.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
[MENTION=1507]Waterfan[/MENTION], I will see once winter is over, thanks for the tips bud

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I was using 39/36 also. But my tire shop likes to put 42/39 psi on new tires. Never asked them why, but I thought it was interesting to see that someone else preferred that same pressure. My new tires do feel good at this pressure but I haven't changed them yet so I can't really compare. My previous tires felt too stiff at higher presssures though.

I generally start at stock but end up running +2-3 psi, I thought the OEM tires felt more responsive at 41/38. I haven't noticed a difference in the SC2 A/S at 41/38 vs. 39/36, but this tire felt quite a bit stiffer to me at 39/36 than I was expecting from a 45 series all season. I might actually try running lower than recommended pressures and see if it gives me a bit better ride and wet grip.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I did like running a few psi lower but I got tired of the low pressure alarm. Maybe I'll get the TPMS programmer...eventually.

Based

Has anyone gone from stock wheels to these? I still have mine in the box and I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to go to this wheel (I think it's 12lbs) from the stock wheel (I think it's 23lbs).

I want my car to look as stock as possible but I also would like to put on these lighter wheels if they make a good difference.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Has anyone gone from stock wheels to these? I still have mine in the box and I'm wondering if it's worth the trouble to go to this wheel (I think it's 12lbs) from the stock wheel (I think it's 23lbs).

I want my car to look as stock as possible but I also would like to put on these lighter wheels if they make a good difference.

Lighter wheels make a significant difference.

These wheels are no longer for sale it seems, but any wheels that you find which are lighter should help. Try to find wheels that are somewhat strong and less likely to bend or break when hitting potholes, etc.

If you look at pg 7 you will see that they have been installed and I did come from the stock wheels. The wheels are about 16lbs and depending on the tire you get will add about 20-22 lbs bringing the total up to 38-40 lbs per wheel vs stock wheel of about 45 lbs. So you will shave about 20lbs total. They make a good difference to me, mainly because I wanted a little more tire to cushion the bumpy roads.

Still pissed I missed out on these fuuuuccckkk

Sent from my CIA monitored device
You're pissed....I'm pissed, I actually paid and they took my money only to tell me that the last ones they had were damaged beyond repair, a week after I placed my order. I got my money back either way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Wheels & Tires 2
rooSTer Wheels & Tires 7