Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Next Gen Ford Fiesta Revealed

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #21
I like the new refreshed look particularly the front lower fascia, headlamps, and rear lamps...Current fiesta is tired and a bit out-dated looking...

Also like the larger flat screen display along with new B&O sound system...Hopefully we'll be able to post some interior pics soon...

It will be interesting to see what the next gen FiST looks like in the near future...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
What would people want to see from an ST off this new model?

Horsepower & Torque numbers, new equipment or upgrades to existing

First and foremost, a 3 door option, with maybe bigger fender flares.

Then; an available factory installed limited slip diff, a de-contented/stripped down, lighter weight, 'club sport' version, factory installed ACCURATE; boost/vacuum, oil temp and oil pressure gauges, factory brembo, or ap racing big brake options, REAL lightweight forged OZed Racing Superturismo style wheels, Euro Supercar style (like the Lambos and such get) Sparco seats with an alcantara covered (COMPLETELY) steering wheel and shift boot.

A 'factory hybrid' turbo, putting ~250 to the wheels would not be a bad idea either. [wink]

An available factory installed limited slip diff, a de-contented/stripped down, lighter weight, 'club sport' version, factory installed ACCURATE; boost/vacuum, oil temp and oil pressure gauges, factory brembo, or ap racing big brake options, REAL lightweight forged OZed Racing Superturismo style wheels, Euro Supercar style (like the Lambos and such get) Sparco seats.

A 'factory hybrid' turbo, putting ~250 to the wheels would not be a bad idea either. [wink]

Now if they can do this and keep it at 20k [biggrin]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #24
fiesta next gen 6.jpg

Inside, soft-touch materials replace the current rubberised finish on the facia a panoramic glass roof is added, and there is a major overhaul of the car?s infotainment system with a new 8" touchscreen arriving that sees 20 buttons removed from the dash. The new system features the company?s latest SYNC 3 software for music, smartphone integration and satellite navigation. There's voice control and the option of a B&O premium audio system.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #29
New 2017 Ford Fiesta: details

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/f...iesta-reveal-event-first-pictures-and-details

11/26/2016 - AutoExpress

The all-new 2017 Ford Fiesta has arrived. Ford unveiled the new car at its 'Go Further' event in Cologne, Germany where Ford CEO Mark Fields and Ford of Europe president Jim Farley introduced us to not one but four versions of the next generation of the best-selling supermini.

The current Ford Fiesta has topped Britain?s new car sales charts for the past seven years, but with the latest Nissan Micra and Citroen C3 hitting the market ? plus a new Volkswagen Polo on the horizon ? the supermini sector is as competitive as it?s ever been.

However, Ford is hoping it can cement its position at the top with this seventh-generation Fiesta. Ford tells us that the new model is the most grown-up edition yet but it?s still instantly recognisable as a Fiesta.

Across the range, design elements such as the swept-back headlights, simple bonnet and split wraparound tail-lamps at the rear help to accentuate the new Fiesta?s increase in size, but there?s also a significant move upmarket in terms of the car?s technology and quality.

The new car is being launched in four distinct versions. The Ford Fiesta Titanium is the core model but it?s joined by the performance focused Fiesta ST-Line and the luxurious Fiesta Vignale. Finally, the Fiesta Active is the new model designed to capitalise on the booming crossover market with its SUV styling cues.

The Fiesta stays on Ford?s Global B platform for this generation, a move that allows Ford to save considerable sums of money on research and development ? and at least some of that cash has been pumped into improving two areas where the Fiesta now lags behind the competition: interior quality and big-car features.

Inside, soft-touch materials replace the current rubberised finish on the facia a panoramic glass roof is added, and there is a major overhaul of the car?s infotainment system with a new 8" touchscreen arriving that sees 20 buttons removed from the dash. The new system features the company?s latest SYNC 3 software for music, smartphone integration and satellite navigation. There's voice control and the option of a B&O premium audio system.

The Fiesta has made a big step forward in terms of safety too. The new anti-collision system can detect objects 130 meters in front of the car and if the driver does not react, the car will automatically brake to prevent an accident. It?s one of 15 new driver assistance features on the car including Active Park Assist, Blind Spot Information, Cross Traffic Alert and Lane Keeping Assist.

In the engine bay Ford's 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol unit is the key option on the petrol side. It's being offered with revised 5 and 6-speed gearboxes. The big diesel news is that availability of the high power TDCi diesel engine for the first time with improvements in terms of performance, torque and efficency.

The Fiesta is Britain's best-selling name plate ever, so it's an important car for Ford. Due on sale in the first half of 2017, the new Ford Fiesta is packed with features to reflect more expensive tastes among supermini customers ? and to allow room for a cheaper stablemate, the Ka+, which will sit just below it in the range. Ford say's it's the most advanced small car in the world and we can't wait to get behind the wheel to find out how good it really is.

Things I like so far:

Front design, looks good and well rounded, figuratively and literally...
Reminds me ever so slightly of sister car Mazda 2.
Keeping size down, I didn't but the "lower selling price" FoST for the size.

Things I dont care for:
Wheels, looks like they need replacement from the factory... again.
Interior looks... meh, materials look better from photos.. but still.. meh.

Things that bother me:
Whats up with that rear end?
That tablet slapped on the center console is hideous, just like many cars including Mercedes. It would probably irate me to no end.

zanethan

Meh, I'll hold out my final opinion until I see it in person but as of now I'm not a fan. The rear is OK/slightly better and the front is just blah. I much prefer our current design. The interior looks like a major improvement but I've never really cared about interiors. Plus rumors are that the new ST will only have a 1.0L Turbo 3 cylinder. I know Ford has been doing crazy things with using technology to get performance but I'm not sure a 1.0 L will have what it takes. Bottom line is that I'm glad I got a '15.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #32
Keep in mind this is just the next gen Fiesta that was revealed today by Ford....We have yet to see what the next gen FiST will look like....

zanethan

Keep in mind this is just the next gen Fiesta that was revealed today by Ford....We have yet to see what the next gen FiST will look like....
According to Road and Track the red one is the ST trim.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31709/2018-ford-fiesta-here-it-is/

Upon a second read are they altering the lineup and adding an ST trim which will be somehow different from the Fiesta ST?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #34
It's actually called the "ST-Line" appearance package for the regular Fiesta...

I expect the next gen Fiesta ST will have a more aggressive front and rear treatment when revealed...Interesting to note that even the ST-Line trim starts to takes some subtle design cues from the RS...Makes me wonder if the next gen FiST will look closer to that of the FoRS front end along with a more aggressively styled rear spoiler???

zanethan

It's actually called the "ST-Line" appearance package for the regular Fiesta...

I expect the next gen Fiesta ST will have an even more aggressive front end and rear treatment when reveled...
Interesting...I'll still hold final judgment until I see it, but overall, I still say its just average.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #36
Interesting...I'll still hold final judgment until I see it, but overall, I still say its just average.
I think its actually quite an improvement for the basic Fiesta line!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I really like the new looks.

I do like the tail lights. That's my only pet peeve about my car, the half-useless tail lights. There's no way to make those big ol' honkin' things fit in on a light colored car.