Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Next Gen Ford Fiesta Revealed

Don't care for the exterior at all.

Can't stand those "tablet" style nav screens popping out of the dash. Looks like an afterthought.

Steering wheel is a nice upgrade. Would be cool to retrofit.

Shifter and center console look more polished with the stitching.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #83
Current vs Next Gen Fiesta

old Fiesta gauge.jpg

Next gen interior.jpg

MPA

zanethan

This is a better comparison.

old Fiesta gauge.jpg

2018-Ford-Fiesta-Euro-Spec-112-876x535.jpg

The new cluster is just a blank sheet of ABS plastic with a screen in it, they need to add some kind of detail to break it up. It's a shame that they would spend all that time designing the interior then just slap a sheet of plastic where you'll be focusing most of your attention.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #87
I don't hate the new center cluster myself...IMO the overall interior design still looks much cleaner / less cheap than the current model...That said, I would prefer that the cluster be more a virtual cluster display similar to Audi's...But then again it IS just a Fiesta which is an economy class vehicle...

zanethan

I don't hate the new center cluster myself...IMO the overall interior design still looks much better / lesser cheap than the current model...That said, I would prefer that the cluster be more a virtual cluster display similar to Audi's...But then again it is the Fiesta which is an economy class vehicle...
I agree, the overall interior design is much better! I just think that it's very lacking in the gauge cluster. Granted this is a VERY poor photochop but something like this would look much better in my opinion. (visualize it as matching "metal" plastic trim to the top piece)

Presentation1.jpg

I realize the fiesta is an econobox, but that little bit of plastic trim can't cost more than $0.50 to mass produce per unit and I think it makes it look more complete. I'm very picky about gauges (it's my OCDness) so maybe that's why these offend me so much. In my eyes those are so bad that it would almost be a deal breaker for me, as there is little to no design behind them at all. You can call me crazy, but I'm willing to bet that auto magazines/reviewers will also complain about the cheap look of the gauge cluster if that is the final production version.

*EDIT
Or even better this one.
cluster 2.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Personally, I don't think that our current interiors are quite as bad as many (including most current owners on here, it seems) seem to think they are, especially for a low cost, 'BIG bang for the buck' hot hatch.

I just don't get it, and maybe I'm the ONLY one, but the fact that we are not allowed the 3 door version here, (and the crappy styled factory wheels, even though they can be changed easily enough, unlike the body and interior) bothers me MUCH MUCH more than even a 'worse' interior design/function/materials than we got in our current FiSTs.

DangerMouse

I thought the rs was killed? Or just ford shutting down the rumors? You would think they would want the hype.

Either way, that looks fantastic!

koozy

3000 Post Club
We know its highly unlikely that Ford will ever release a FiRS...but this could be close to what the next gen FiST may look like....But its just wishful thinking and having some fun imagining / dreaming...ha!
I'll go on record and disagree with that.

I think it's totally possible. The ecosport is built off the same platform and it has an awd version. I don't see why they couldn't do it. I'm sure there's those little structural hurdles like that of the focus, but mostly it's gonna come back to "will this make us money". Sales in the US for the FiST is very low compared to the FoST, so I don't know if they would even bother sending it this way is they did. Also I'm sure they would be marked up to 40k lol.