Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

2018 Next Gen Ford Fiesta Revealed

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
How long till the focus gets face lift? Anyone think that when that happens they might roll out a fiesta rs? I'm sure Ford would keep a fiesta rs pretty hush hush so don't take away from the focus at all. Also with the eco sport going global who knows I guess.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #102
I'd pay $30K for an FWD / 250whp twin scroll FiRS with LSD...seems reasonable to me...LOL!!

I'd pay $30K for an FWD / 250whp twin scroll FiRS with LSD...seems reasonable to me...LOL!!
I would to honestly. I mean in terms of being a RS the Fiesta makes an awesome case and if it weren't for the MK3 Focus being such a porker, I wouldn't care. The FiST reminds me of my SVT Focus, which was pretty much the same as the ST170. I would of loved the RS version which I feel they could capture in the Fiesta. Not every one wants a larger vehicle but sadly over here many do. If I get what I pay for I honestly don't care what it costs, I do think what I got my FiST for was the best bargain out of every vehicle I owned, but I would easily shell out 35K for a FiRS if it was hardcore enough.

I'm not holding my breathe though. I already did that once when I bought the FoST anticipating the RS but man was my timing off (blessing in disguise though). I'm a huge car enthusiast but if there is one thing I could care less about it's what badge is on my vehicle, or what vehicle I drive. If I can achieve what I want from the platform that is all I care about, the FoST not so much(too much work needed), my FiST yes very much. As long as the next Gen meets my criteria and there is plenty of aftermarket support then I will make my own "RS", I'm not sure if that will be true if it does get the 1.0 unless it looses another 250+lbs, but if that is the case and I can achieve at least 200whp it would fit my heavy traffic 10 minute commute perfect :)

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I'm just hoping they keep the weight below 2900lbs, let alone lose weight... I hope they don't over bloat this wonderful car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I wouldn't be interested at all in this car at $30k. The whole appeal to me is just how much fun per dollar you get in the low $20Ks.

Then, I'm not entirely sure I would want the AWD. The lift oversteer in the current gen FWD I think is what makes the car so much fun...it handles a lot like a lightweight RWD car.

Furthermore, the weight of the car is monumentally important. I'd like to see it with less weight. Mine started with 27XXlbs fully loaded and after 100lbs loss it has really made the car noticeably better. And at my track weight (interior out) of 24XX lbs, the car absolutely shocks people at the track.

The current gen Fiesta ST is proof positive that a car with soul can still be made. If they mess with that recipe, I don't think it'll be the same hit.

What I would like to see is:

- Same or less weight (I think fully loaded under 2650lbs would be great)
- LSD LSD LSD...the car needs it badly
- Camber and toe adjustability in the rear (I have no idea how to do this...maybe a wedge shim system built into the twist beam?)
- Reposition the shitty sunroof location (for those that actually want a sunroof)
- Eliminate the cloth inserts in the Recaros and go with something more stain resistant or go to a dark colored insert that
- Reposition gas pedal closer to brake and optimize for heel/toe depth

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
id pay 40k CDN for AWD 275hp 2L FiRS. this offers nice progression from FiST to FoST to FiRS to FoRS. MAKE IT HAPPEN FORD! or ill get triggered and have to go to my panic room. :p

Personally, I don't think that our current interiors are quite as bad as many (including most current owners on here, it seems) seem to think they are, especially for a low cost, 'BIG bang for the buck' hot hatch.

I just don't get it, and maybe I'm the ONLY one, but the fact that we are not allowed the 3 door version here, (and the crappy styled factory wheels, even though they can be changed easily enough, unlike the body and interior) bothers me MUCH MUCH more than even a 'worse' interior design/function/materials than we got in our current FiSTs.
Well for it's price it's "okay" I suppose. But compared to cars a little higher it is really lacking. For me it's the cheap plastic doorcards, the cheap HVAC controls, (TERRIBLE Sync system if you have the old one), lack of real MFD screen, center console materials, and super poor NVH (I work in NVH haha) that put it off for me. Even the base Golf is miles ahead of the Fiesta in interior quality let alone a GTI etc.

Hate to break it to you guys, but look undernearth your car and ask "Where could I put a drive-shaft?", then look at the rear suspension and think "How could AWD work with that?" An AWD Fiesta isn't happening. This is due to the physical design of the B platform. The new Fiesta is also on the B platform so basically in a nutshell, it isn't happening. Id rather see a "Performance Pack" option like that of the Mustang or the new GTI for instance. In the GTI, it adds a bit of power, bigger brakes and a electronically controlled mechanical LSD for $1,200. I think that's all I would possibly spend more money on, because at the end of the day it is still an econobox car.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #112
Considering that Ford is already open to now offering 4 different Fiesta Variant Models I could easily see Ford eventually adding both a ST and RS to the lineup which wouldn't be surprising to me seeing the direction they've been going in lately...

And IMO, a FiRS wouldn't need to be AWD...Simply offer a FWD, 250whp, twin scroll, LSD, big brakes, etc.. and list it for $32K to $35K (fully optioned) OTD and it would easily sell...I'd purchase one!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Also keep it under 3000lbs. Thanks Ford; Love You!
How about keep it under 2800 lbs., despite the added drive to the rear wheels, that way we could destroy even the slightly modded Nippon 'rally twins' (STI/Evos)?! [wink] [:)]

As great, and as much fun as this particular car is, I still do not like FWD at all, as compared to RWD/AWD.

YES, a great, fully functional, mechanical LSD would go a LONG ways to helping out, but, lift oversteer, again, entertaining as it may be, is NOT the same as power controlled oversteer. [nono]

I guess I just got way too used to 375+ limited slip controlled, RWHP under my right foot from almost 20 years of LS1 f body driving. [dunno]

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
IMO if its going to have an RS badge; it needs to be awd. if they want to do performance packs and the sort then ST 1, 2, 3 is the way to go.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Considering that Ford is already open to now offering 4 different Fiesta Variant Models I could easily see Ford eventually adding both a ST and RS to the lineup which wouldn't be surprising to me seeing the direction they've been going in lately...

And IMO, a FiRS wouldn't need to be AWD...Simply offer a FWD, 250whp, twin scroll, LSD, big brakes, etc.. and list it for $32K to $35K (fully optioned) OTD and it would easily sell...I'd purchase one!
to me without the AWD its not an RS. an ST 2 maybe but not an RS. but I do think there is room for improvements as you said above.

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Also lets stop kidding ourselves, the ST will be gone soon and we will have the only performance Fiestas that have come to NA. We can always look back and say "we were a part of great generation in automotive history" and smile.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Sorry, I just don't see people paying that much money for a Fiesta, regardless of how souped up it is. That price point puts it in the ballpark of JCW Minis, which only sell around 1,500 units a year (total Mini sales are around 60k units a year in US).

Still, I hope I am eating my words in a few years :)

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Hate to break it to you guys, but look undernearth your car and ask "Where could I put a drive-shaft?", then look at the rear suspension and think "How could AWD work with that?" An AWD Fiesta isn't happening. This is due to the physical design of the B platform. The new Fiesta is also on the B platform so basically in a nutshell, it isn't happening. Id rather see a "Performance Pack" option like that of the Mustang or the new GTI for instance. In the GTI, it adds a bit of power, bigger brakes and a electronically controlled mechanical LSD for $1,200. I think that's all I would possibly spend more money on, because at the end of the day it is still an econobox car.

Well isn't the ecosport coming here? Same platform and add last I heard.