Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595 evo

I'm jealous that you drove on the Nurburgring. When my wife was out in Germany, we went to the Nurburgring and did the Ring Taxi. That was so much fun, but I would have much rather driven on it. Hopefully we'll make our way back there and I'll drive it.

I never did the Ring Taxi, always wanted to but was out of the budget. I only drove one or two laps on it. More often than now, we would drive up Friday night after work, watch the rest of whatever was going on (races or "open track"), when get set a tent up near the Pflanzgarten/Brunnchen area, get a fire going and cook some brats and drink some beers followed by many other shenanigans (hanging out with random Germans or Brits and sharing love of beer and cars), pass out and eventually wake up to the sound of whatever was going on the next day. We had a lot of fun there.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Onlinetires.com has a warehouse that you can pick up from in So-Cal. They are out in La Mirada.
Finally bought these (or rather the Federal SS595s) at onlinetires.com...can't wait to try them out. Picked them up at the warehouse and overall it was a great experience just wish I could have picked them up same day, but after talking to another fellow buyer who was picking up too, am grateful I didn't have to wait longer.

Got them in 195/55 r15 on a 15" wheel now but need to get new lug nuts and wheel locks for it. Going to try out the black gorillas on amazon that were posted up in another topic.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I like these tires (Federal SS595) but the Indy 500s are better. Not bad for the price though. If you are looking to save money this is definitely a good option.

codestp202

I'm on the 595 evo's and I'm a believer. I think I'll probably stick with evo's for the street and pick up 595 Rs-R's or Rs-RR's for autox/ track

I am a believer in the 595s. Just started running them on my new setup and have been pretty happy.

I also saw that everyone said they run wider than most tires but that wasn't my experiences. a 215/35/18 is slightly stretched on a 18x7.5

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I like these tires (Federal SS595) but the Indy 500s are better. Not bad for the price though. If you are looking to save money this is definitely a good option.

Maybe so, but F-stone/B-stone do NOT offer as many different sizes/profiles which are as usable to us as Federal so graciously does. [nono]

(Some do not want to add over an inch to the overall diameter, just to be able to use a specific brand which REFUSES to make tires even close to OUR factory overall diameter. [wink])

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm on the 595 evo's and I'm a believer. I think I'll probably stick with evo's for the street and pick up 595 Rs-R's or Rs-RR's for autox/ track
Do you think that the Evos would 'chunk' their outer edge blocks if used for an SCCA 'Track Night' session??
(I KNOW they will not be as sticky as the other two 595s. [wink])

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Maybe so, but F-stone/B-stone do NOT offer as many different sizes/profiles which are as usable to us as Federal so graciously does. [nono]

(Some do not want to add over an inch to the overall diameter, just to be able to use a specific brand which REFUSES to make tires even close to OUR factory overall diameter. [wink])
Well the discontinued Wide Ovals used to come in a lot of these other sizes. They discontinued the Wide Ovals saying that the Indy500s are the replacement. But then they have failed to replace all of the old sizes. Maybe they were trying to avoid the loss that they might have had with the Wide Ovals, but instead I think that they are losing even more through unavailability.

Just found these in the stock size on tires-easy.com for under $300 shipped. Going to order a set probably in the next couple weeks as my tires are on their last leg (5/32" or less) and I'm about to do an unexpected 1500 mile road trip that next week. For the price, they seem like a great tire and have some good reviews for a daily driven summer tire.

https://www.tires-easy.com/brands/federal-tires/595-evo?code=200L7AFA

I just mounted a set of these (stock size) on my fist and well.....now it doesn't feel as sure of itself like it did on the stock potenzas.
Not bad for a budget tire mind you, I just think it feels less stable.

Anyone else experience something like this when changing tires?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I just mounted a set of these (stock size) on my fist and well.....now it doesn't feel as sure of itself like it did on the stock potenzas.

Is this even after at least 500 miles to make sure all of the mold release oils/coatings are burned off of the tires, and they are at least a little 'scrubbed in'?? [dunno]

Definitely. I do ~70 miles per day, had them about a month.
It could just be my over-sensitivity too. They just feel spongy and steering response feels less precise after switching to these.

neeqness

1000 Post Club

Less stable in what way exactly? Less grippy or a wobbly feel at high speeds? What is the issue exactly?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Did you try more air pressure?
I checked all tires, all set to specification (38F and I think 34R or something, whatever the sticker said matched what was in the tires)

Less stable in what way exactly? Less grippy or a wobbly feel at high speeds? What is the issue exactly?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Maybe a bit more wobbly at speed. I feel like there's suddenly more body roll when chucking into a turn. Steering response feels a bit sluggish compared to potenzas.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #37
Definitely agree with everyone good tire for a budget tire but definitely won't going back to these. Didn't like the instability and the loss of the direct steering response.

OP
Original J-Pat
Thread Starter #39
Ok now I at least feel validated :)
I pay very close attention to everything so when I switched the tires right away I felt the difference. I think it may be because they are more of a rounded sidewall rather than square? I'm not expert so I'm not really sure.

I pay very close attention to everything so when I switched the tires right away I felt the difference. I think it may be because they are more of a rounded sidewall rather than square? I'm not expert so I'm not really sure.
Yeah, I also noticed immediately after pulling away from the shop.
I've read on 500 abarth forums that these have a bit of a softer sidewall, perhaps that has something to do with it.
Either way, I'm glad that it seems to be the tires rather than my car!