Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Federal 595 evo

So I'm purchasing tires today I've been looking for a few hours. I was looking at the bfg sc-2's and firestone indy 500's, which around $400-$500 otd. Then I found some federal 595 evo's for $280.11 otd. Anybody have experience with these I have a buddy who runs them and heard good things.

FYI I'm on a college student budget

Federal tires are awesome, very underrated tire company! Many ppl will talk down on them just because they don't know what they are yet. For the cash though, you really can't beat them.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

My brother helps run a tire shop and he drifts using federal tires almost every weekend. I had a set on my 240sx back in the day; no complaints!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am considering one of their stickier 215/40-17s to put on the Pro Race 1.2s when I get them, since they are a little more than HALF the cost of the Star Specs in that size, and those wheels are going to drain my account enough as it is. [wink]

I'm going down to 16's, unsure if I want to go 205/45 or 205/50. I saw somewhere on here comparison pic of their tire and another in the "same size" and their were a solid inch wider. If they run large, I'll go with the 45's probably

I've used the Federal Evo 595's for about 12k driving miles, + 4 track days. I highly recommend them. I'm planning on getting another set for Spring/Summer, and then the RS-R's for track days.

I've used the Federal Evo 595's for about 12k driving miles, + 4 track days. I highly recommend them. I'm planning on getting another set for Spring/Summer, and then the RS-R's for track days.

Good to know. What track do you go to? I'm moving to CO Springs area next summer.

Good to know. What track do you go to? I'm moving to CO Springs area next summer.
I'm originally from California, so I've been to Streets of Willow, Thunderhill West x2, and Laguna Seca. Here in Colorado, I've only been to High Plains Raceway. Was extremely fun, but I put back the stock Bridgestone's for that one. The Federal's are WAY better than the Bridgestone's. Light years.

I'm originally from California, so I've been to Streets of Willow, Thunderhill West x2, and Laguna Seca. Here in Colorado, I've only been to High Plains Raceway. Was extremely fun, but I put back the stock Bridgestone's for that one. The Federal's are WAY better than the Bridgestone's. Light years.
Jealous you've been on Leguna Seca...that's my dream track. Drove on Nurburging in 2007 in my Miata, so that's something at least.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
I'm going down to 16's, unsure if I want to go 205/45 or 205/50. I saw somewhere on here comparison pic of their tire and another in the "same size" and their were a solid inch wider. If they run large, I'll go with the 45's probably
Have you considered the 225/45s yet?

Sent using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Anyone know of a spot selling these Federals in Southern California?

Sent using Tapatalk

Have you considered the 225/45s yet?

Sent using Tapatalk
I have thought about it, but from what I gather that's a pretty wide tire for a 7" wheel, and it's harder to come by a good tire in that size. My requirements for wheel/tire upgrades are 16" wheels size, overall height the same or slightly larger than the stock size, decent tread life (more than the stock tires, at 5k they were about 40% worn), and a lot of choices in that size. I don't plan on lowering my car either, I think it's perfect height and the slightly larger tire will fill the gap just slightly. 205/50 seems to fit all these requirements.

Jealous you've been on Leguna Seca...that's my dream track. Drove on Nurburging in 2007 in my Miata, so that's something at least.
I'm jealous that you drove on the Nurburgring. When my wife was out in Germany, we went to the Nurburgring and did the Ring Taxi. That was so much fun, but I would have much rather driven on it. Hopefully we'll make our way back there and I'll drive it.