Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raindog's Sometimes Things Get out of Hand Build

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #23
The bolts aren't torque to yield, so I'll be reusing them. I have the seals in stock.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^GREAT choice, and one of the best (if not THE best) 75W-90s out there, as long as you are not using it in very cold weather for our application (it would still be OK, just needs more warm-up time in the cold). [thumb]

gabe

Parts are starting to trickle in.

You'll love the short shift lever and bushings. I recommend starting off with that. Also where it says m7 and m8 pretty sure that's a typo. 7mm and 8mm is more then likely what they meant. I still haven't installed my transmission adapter and don't think I will honestly. might just change the bushings not sure though might change my mind when I'm actually in there but I don't think it needs to be any shorter. maybe a little bit more notchy but not shorter. Also another tip. When pulling the shifter grab the bottom plastic not the top 1. I might have almost broke mine. Lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Please review/let us know what you think of that shift handle, and which position you set it at initially.

I am seriously thinking about getting one, but want to see what the Mountune trans adapter 'plate', and boomba cable bracket bushings feel like first. ;)

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #30
Will do, I'll be installing the shifter first of the week once my bushings arrive and it will be position three. I'll let my transmission tech handle the adapter when he sets up the quaife.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

gabe

Will do, I'll be installing the shifter first of the week once my bushings arrive and it will be position three. I'll let my transmission tech handle the adapter when he sets up the quaife.

Another thing when you get mad at the bitch pin just walk away and get back to it. It'll get really frustrating without some sort of pick.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #32
On a side note, I emailed Daniel at TB Performance last night at an obscene hour regarding clearance of his traction bar with regards to DHM hot side pipes. This was after a quick install of his torsion bar which showed immediate results. He responded in minutes and was very helpful.

It honestly caught me completely off guard and sold me on his products. I mean, the torsion bar was fantastic, the welds were perfect and the finish was top notch but his manner of conduct before and after the sale kind of sets the bar.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #33
Another thing when you get mad at the bitch pin just walk away and get back to it. It'll get really frustrating without some sort of pick.
Lol, thanks for the heads up, Gabe.

I have a fairly well stocked toolbox including several picks but I know how incredibly annoying some small fasteners can be.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #35
Well, I decided to go ahead and do the adapter, bushings and shifter last night because I'm not quite sure when my tech is going to be able to get around to the diff.

Started under the hood, piece of cake, this thing is easier to work on than I thought it would be. I had it buttoned back up in no time.

Then came the interior, still not bad, then came disassembling the shifter. I know now why they come from ford as an assembly. The side cover shaft retainer pin was kind of a bitch but i was able to get a pick under it and the cover slid off.

Upon reinstalling the side cover I found that it didn't want to snap back on, turn it over and see this...

So yeah, I'm emergency ordering a shifter assembly this morning because of a 4mm piece of plastic. Joy

gabe

Well, I decided to go ahead and do the adapter, bushings and shifter last night because I'm not quite sure when my tech is going to be able to get around to the diff.

Started under the hood, piece of cake, this thing is easier to work on than I thought it would be. I had it buttoned back up in no time.

Then came the interior, still not bad, then came disassembling the shifter. I know now why they come from ford as an assembly. The side cover shaft retainer pin was kind of a bitch but i was able to get a pick under it and the cover slid off.

Upon reinstalling the side cover I found that it didn't want to snap back on, turn it over and see this...

So yeah, I'm emergency ordering a shifter assembly this morning because of a 4mm piece of plastic. Joy
Lol. Great pictures!! Told you to keep an eye out for that bitch pin!! Glad you had a pick though. Cause I did it with a flat head and I couldn't stop cursing.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
This^^^ is why I am going to wait and see if I can 'live with' the throw after just the Mountune shifter plate/adapter, and the boomba racing, under-hood shifter cable bracket, solid bushing replacements.

As much as I would LOVE to have that instantaneous drastic reduction in throw of the added boomba handle assembly, I am definitely NOT looking forward to going through the above!! [nono]

(And I know almost for fact that I would end up breaking that 'bitch pin' as well. [:(])

How I wish that I could afford a 'streetable' sequential gearbox for this thing (IF there ever was such a thing)!

grnmachine02

I don't think sequential, or dog box for that matter, and streetable can go in the same sentence unfortunately. We can dream though, we can dream.

KKaWing

Did someone say dog box??

[video]https://youtu.be/oUQk24VBF4s?t=6m25s[/video]

If only I had the money and space to have a toy like that [driving]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
If I went with the bother of a dog box already, I would want a sequential, not an H pattern.

I have that same sparco (steering) wheel sitting new in a box in my closet right now.
I never installed it in my Z28, and went with their model 383 instead.