Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Raindog's Sometimes Things Get out of Hand Build

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
COOL! [thumb]

IF/WHEN I do the boomba handle/shifter base washers I will have a replacement piece waiting to go on ahead of installation time, since like I said, I can GUARANTEE that I will also break that effing pin!!

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #43
I stuck a screwdriver under the side cover and put a little bit of prying pressure on it and was really careful with the pick, it popped right off.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #44
Please review/let us know what you think of that shift handle, and which position you set it at initially.

I am seriously thinking about getting one, but want to see what the Mountune trans adapter 'plate', and boomba cable bracket bushings feel like first. ;)
I've put a few miles on since the install and overall am very pleased with the results. The action is a bit heavier and I still have to work on the sticking reverse detent but the latter I will have ironed out by the weekend.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #45
My exhaust showed up yesterday, CP-E nexus. Big thanks to Ron at Whoosh for the group buy.

Finish on this system is extraordinary and holy cow three inch exhaust is really big for a tiny car. I can't wait to hear it but install is going to have to wait for the weekend.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #49
Yeah, I'm anxious to see how it reacts. Hopefully my intake, intercooler and crash bar will follow along shortly but with the holidays I fear it might be in the air for a while.

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #50
Plenty of room to work once a few key pieces are out of the way.

I've committed my first error though, I forgot to run the fuel out of the line before tearing everything out. I guess the flex fuel sensor will have to be a secondary project.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
When you get to the turbo, remove the passenger axle. You can pre-assemble the new manifold, turbo, wastegate and dump tube and coolant lines. Keep the v-bands loose and get it on the manifold studs. Trust me and you'll thank me.

Some Guy On The Internet

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #52
Dammit J, you're going to make me get another alignment. I do appreciate the advice though.

I'm a few days from the actual install, just piddling in the garage right now. This thing is cake to work on, that's a good thing.

V_2

When you get to the turbo, remove the passenger axle. You can pre-assemble the new manifold, turbo, wastegate and dump tube and coolant lines. Keep the v-bands loose and get it on the manifold studs. Trust me and you'll thank me.

Some Guy On The Internet
That is a badass tip. Would have saved me some time 2x over.

It's crazy how much more room you have to work with after removing the battery and tray.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Cant wait this car is going to be a beast!! [MENTION=5851]Raindog[/MENTION] your intercooler and intake is ready to ship! we will be getting that out asap! We cant wait!

Russ

OP
Raindog
Thread Starter #55
Thanks Russ, we might just be smelling smoke by next week