Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Auto Meter Boost/Vacuum Gauge 12v Power Inquiry?

Hey everyone!

I will be installing an Auto Meter Boost/Vacuum gauge in the next few upcoming days. I decided to go with a Digital Stepper Motor type gauge rather than an Air-Core gauge for more accurate readings even though the install is a bit more involved.

That being said, I need to located a 12v power source for the gauge. I included a caption from the Auto Meter instructions:

?Connect the red power wire to a switched 12 volt source that maintains power during engine cranking. Most vehicles break the electrical connection to accessories while the engine is being started. If the boost gauge is connected to one of these circuits, the auto zero function will not work properly and inaccurate readings will result. To determine whether a switched source maintains power during starting, look for electrical accessories in the vehicle that remain on while the engine is being started.?
-Caption included from Auto Meter Competition Instruments.

That being said, I would like to receive power from the fuse box that is located behind the glove box in the interior of the vehicle. I need to find a 12v source that does not turn off when cranking due to the gauge?s auto zero function. Also, I would like the source to turn off with the vehicle push-to-start button so it functions like all of the other gauges.

To those who have installed a boost gauge in their FiST, where did you receive power from?

Any ideas as to where I can find a steady 12v power source that is turned on with the vehicle but does not shut off during cranking?

Thanks for any assistance,

J

OP
T
Thread Starter #2
Could anyone provide an accessory or system that stays on during cranking? Possibly the gauges/display circuit?