Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ordered new clamps.

DaveG99

My new depo fmic arrived yesterday. I wish I would have ordered the charge pipes but I didn't. So I figure I should at least put 2 new clamps on where the fmic meets the stock charge pipes. I plan on installing the fmic Saturday. So after reading a bit on here I figured out I can use these: Murray turbosmart TS-HCT-M075 dual band hose clamps

I ordered 2 and have them getting shipped on 2 day air from summit. Cost me $48 total but $22 of it is shipping. I got the 2.500 to 3.375 in. size. I hope it's the right size.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
There is no need for new clamps as the stock ones are fine. I used stock clamps/hoses on my MTC (the same as your Depo) with no issues. I guess a little extra assurance doesn't hurt, though.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nice find. [thumb]

I like them because they have a smooth constant tension inner band (which will not dig into the hose material with the exposed slots of other worm gear clamps), combined with a slotted, worm gear drive OUTER clamp which will take more tension before 'stripping out' like the ABA smooth band, non-slotted, worm gear clamps always do.

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #4
I know lots of people use the stock clamps but I have heard a lot of stories of people blowing charge pipes after turning up the boost. I don't want to have to take off the bumper twice

I ordered a whole set of replacement clamps to complement some silicone hoses I got from MTC. Yes he has these and they are a great price and quality looks good, but I haven't installed them so I can't fully endorse them...yet! But yea an IC and all the boost hoses for less than 400 shipped....

I found that summit rebrands the Murray turbo clamps as "summit racing constant tension clamps" and a pair runs $16.97 enough to replace every clamp ran $101.82 shipped. Kind of spendy but I've had to tighten my stock clamps 3 times over 6k of driving, and I don't trust them to not destroy silicone hoses.

I will probably end up trimming a couple of the clamps as they didn't have the exact sae size needed iirc it was #24, so I got more #28s. They may not need it but the inside tails maybe a bit too long.

ORDER AT OWN RISK, AGAIN I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE CHANCE TO INSTALL AND 100% VERIFY SIZES YET... I will update this hopefully in a few days :)

Part#s
1x sum-390644
1x sum-390636
3x sum-390628
1x sum-390620

The last two digits of the part # refer to the sae size of the clamp.

My new depo fmic arrived yesterday. I wish I would have ordered the charge pipes but I didn't. So I figure I should at least put 2 new clamps on where the fmic meets the stock charge pipes. I plan on installing the fmic Saturday. So after reading a bit on here I figured out I can use these: Murray turbosmart TS-HCT-M075 dual band hose clamps

I ordered 2 and have them getting shipped on 2 day air from summit. Cost me $48 total but $22 of it is shipping. I got the 2.500 to 3.375 in. size. I hope it's the right size.
Please update us after the install. I just purchased the same intercooler and have been trying to decide if replacing the clamps is necessary and if so, what size I need to buy.

I saw some of your install photos in another thread, looks like you decided against T-Bolts and went with double worm gears on each side? What changed your mind?

OP
DaveG99

DaveG99

Thread Starter #9
I just researched and saw people used the clamps I ordered. I'll probably go T bolts next time I have the bumper off as I didn't like how the regular clamps tightened up. I have 2 clamps on each side of the FMIC.

brbauer2

Ford Community Posts