Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trade in from Civic SI 2012?

OP
G
Thread Starter #21
Years ago I had a CRX with a gsr swap. I loved that car. One of the big reasons I got a FiST was because it reminded so much of my CRX. Roomier, yes, and more power, but that go kart fun factor. A car that makes you smile every time you drive it is worth a few less inches of rear leg room.
You mean dealing with the back seat whiners lol [hah]

If you're especially concerned about having more room for people in the back seat then the Focus might be a better decision. Keep in mind its a different animal in comparison to the Fiesta.

I'm 6'1" and 230, never move my seat. My wife is 5'3", so she moves her seat ahead (but no where near all the way) and my 6'3", 185 lb. son has plenty of room behind her. My 6' 125 lb. son sits behind me. I'm sure it's not real comfortable for him, but it's livable for other than long distance.

I'm kind of shocked, still, every time I look at how small the car is from the outside, because it just doesn't feel that small when you're driving it!

FistSt215

I kind of call bs on this as I'm same height and haul kids around in mine all the time. Not a ton of room but some. Unless your G riding it or something.
Lol G riding . There literally not much leg room at all if someone sat behind me. Plus kids have tiny legs if someone like you same height as me you wouldn't want to sit behind me .

jeff

2000 Post Club
Read every review of any fiesta hatch trim level including ST, the consensus is that the back seats are useless for adults for anything more than a short trip.

After reading OPs needs, the bottom line here is that he wants back seats for long trips for adults. He will be disappointed if he gets a Fiesta.

OP: Sounds like you're unhappy with the Civic. I suggest you sell it and get a turbo'd car with a decent back seat...pass on the Focus ST and get a GTI, you'll get your turbo plus backseat plus economy plus ability to get close to 300hp relatively cheap...and it will hold its value.

OP
G
Thread Starter #27
Hello All,

I really appreciate the advice from everybody and helping me think about my decision. I think we were slowly coming to jeff's conclusion too. I'm starting to see the FiST as like a miata with more oomph, similar usability, and fun levels. Though I find usability as a huge turn on, sadly it's a very luxurious option to have it sporty too.

I'll hold onto my civic for now, I'm just afraid of modding it and then wanting to sell it for another car and wasting all that money on mods but it's the way of the car life. Even though the Civic SI is the bottom of it's class, it's not that far away from it's competitors and i'll have to spend alot on a new car to be surprised. Maybe I'll get a Hondata flashpro to chew on for now and go to a car shop to draw up a loooong plan of stages with them.

VTEC OUT!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hello All,

I really appreciate the advice from everybody and helping me think about my decision. I think we were slowly coming to jeff's conclusion too. I'm starting to see the FiST as like a miata with more oomph, similar usability, and fun levels. Though I find usability as a huge turn on, sadly it's a very luxurious option to have it sporty too.

I'll hold onto my civic for now, I'm just afraid of modding it and then wanting to sell it for another car and wasting all that money on mods but it's the way of the car life. Even though the Civic SI is the bottom of it's class, it's not that far away from it's competitors and i'll have to spend alot on a new car to be surprised. Maybe I'll get a Hondata flashpro to chew on for now and go to a car shop to draw up a loooong plan of stages with them.

VTEC OUT!
I think that's a wise decision. I really enjoyed the Hondata mod back in my Acura days, that and some lightweight pulleys and an intake can really wake the Honda engines up.

Good luck!