Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Injen vs Cobb catback exhaust

Hey guys, just bought a 2016 fiST and was thinking about getting either the Cobb or the injen catback. I'll run a downpipe later down the road but was just wondering your guys' thoughts on both exhausts. Thanks

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They're both all 304 stainless steel, so quality should be about the same, but, the Injen is a 3" system, whereas the Cobb is 2.5", so IF you are planning BIG power down the line (maxed hybrid/BT kit), the Injen might be the better choice to match up to a big, full 3" down pipe. ;)

Zissou

The downside to a 3" exhaust is you run the risk of drone. The Cobb 2.5" does not drone based on reviews here. I have a 2.5" MAP catback with a Cobb downpipe and they sound incredible together.

The Cobb catback and Map catback are very similar - both 2.5" and both very well liked on this forum.
I've heard mixed reviews of the Injen exhaust.

Could you do an Injen catback with a 3" downpipe? I thought it's 2.5" at the flange, then goes up to 3".

just want to clarify that injen is not completely true 3". that's all. carry on.
This is true, it necks down to bolt up to the stock downpipe.

The downside to a 3" exhaust is you run the risk of drone. The Cobb 2.5" does not drone based on reviews here. I have a 2.5" MAP catback with a Cobb downpipe and they sound incredible together.

The Cobb catback and Map catback are very similar - both 2.5" and both very well liked on this forum.
I've heard mixed reviews of the Injen exhaust.

Could you do an Injen catback with a 3" downpipe? I thought it's 2.5" at the flange, then goes up to 3".
This i'm not so sure about, my cousin has the cobb cbe on his stage 3 bolt on FiST and when he rode with me one day he said he was surprised how much less drone my car has. However, I have a big(ger) turbo which does seem to quite down the exhaust a little and also catless, so take this anecdotal evidence with a grain of salt.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I did not know about the Injen system's 'neck down' at the down pipe junction.

Thanks to all above for clarifying that point. [thumb]
(Makes me glad I got the CP-E system which uses a flange/gasket to match up to less than full 3" down pipes. [wink])

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
Yeah I think Ima run the injen exhaust, I'm liking the single tip outlet it's unique from the dual tips that all the other exhausts have.

Yeah I think Ima run the injen exhaust, I'm liking the single tip outlet it's unique from the dual tips that all the other exhausts have.
I really enjoy the sound of mine. I've had quite a few people tell me they like the sound as well, even some hardcore v-8 guys. If you like a deep tone you'll enjoy it.

Does the Cobb catback exhaust really do anything in terms of power? I'm concerned with back pressure loss since I'm opening up the back end.

- JR

Zissou

Does the Cobb catback exhaust really do anything in terms of power? I'm concerned with back pressure loss since I'm opening up the back end.

- JR
Nah not really. But the 2.5" exhausts don't really cause any power loss either. It's pretty much all for sound.

HWB

Nah not really. But the 2.5" exhausts don't really cause any power loss either. It's pretty much all for sound.
All I wanted was a littel more sound. $400-700 for an increase of maybe 8-9 HP not worth it to me. I took the back muffler off and welded a 2.5 straight pipe straight back sounds great. Deep rumble not to bad in city but will get load when you get on it Cost me $30 total put a single SS tip on now I have $50 tired up Bam Im done with it. I would go 3" if I was going bigger Turbo and wanted the absolute Max HP out. Just my 2 cents but Sounds bad ass.