Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

What are the current thoughts for the boomba wing risers?

I heard some bad things about rust and paint and what not but the posts were all old. Are they fine to run now?

1. I covered the holes when I installed the wing risers... so don't anticipate rust problems...
2. They let enough air to flow down over the rear windshield to push water down.... (I hate how it can build up on hatchbacks--a pet peeve of mine since I got my first GTI in '99)

I also like the look, but that's individual taste (or the lack thereof...).

cheers
brent

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
I love the look. I just heard people saying about how there are exposed holes and also the parts them self rust and the paint chips. How'd you go about plugging the holes?

I had some scraps of dynamat type stuff laying around from the stereo install (don't recall if it was actually dynamat, but adhesive organic stuff...)

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Our parts are aluminum so they will not rust. We had an issue in the past where the color on our risers would fade but that was isolated to one batch and has since been resolved. We provide vinyl stickers to cover the holes left remaining and those are rated for 7+ years. All hardware is zinc plated so that will not rust either. Let us know if you have any questions.

All colors are also in stock and ready to ship ;)

I for certain like the look. I and am curious to see what the red anodize looks like on Magnetic since all the other accents on the car are also red.

Im new here, but searching the internets, I like what Boomba is doing with install vids etc.

Spaceman_Spiff

Good to hear the fading is not an issue.

I had seen something else about the wing breaking at the mounting points - I'm not sure if it was Boomba or not, but it was some type of wing riser. Anyone else heard of such a thing?

We had an issue in the past where the color on our risers would fade but that was isolated to one batch and has since been resolved.
I noticed my black ones had become 'bronzy' recently, didn't realize it was only a one batch issue.

OP
M
Thread Starter #9
Our parts are aluminum so they will not rust. We had an issue in the past where the color on our risers would fade but that was isolated to one batch and has since been resolved. We provide vinyl stickers to cover the holes left remaining and those are rated for 7+ years. All hardware is zinc plated so that will not rust either. Let us know if you have any questions.

All colors are also in stock and ready to ship ;)
Stickers for the holes? That holds up to freezing temps, 100 degree heat, and rain? What's the price for the risers? Any Black Friday week sales or fiesta forum deal?

V_2

I had mine for almost a year through various weather conditions: cold, hot, heavy rain, you name it. And the adhesive still held strong. The black never faded even though I parked the car outside for most of that time. I like the look and the clean back glass was a big bonus for me. There was also no loss of radio reception either, if you're concerned about that.

If you like how they look, get 'em!

I tried getting mine off my old car at the repair lot but couldn't figure out how to get the hatch open without power. I'd like to get another set, but can't justify buying another set at full price.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Good to hear the fading is not an issue.

I had seen something else about the wing breaking at the mounting points - I'm not sure if it was Boomba or not, but it was some type of wing riser. Anyone else heard of such a thing?
That was some dude who tried to make his own "DIY" risers out of washers and long bolts from home depot. He cracked his wing lol. We put a lot of research into our parts to make sure things like that don't happen.

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
The vinyl used is outdoor specific vinyl. As long as it is applied to a clean surface, it'll pretty much stick forever.

OP
M
Thread Starter #13
I had mine for almost a year through various weather conditions: cold, hot, heavy rain, you name it. And the adhesive still held strong. The black never faded even though I parked the car outside for most of that time. I like the look and the clean back glass was a big bonus for me. There was also no loss of radio reception either, if you're concerned about that.

If you like how they look, get 'em!

I tried getting mine off my old car at the repair lot but couldn't figure out how to get the hatch open without power. I'd like to get another set, but can't justify buying another set at full price.
Yeah. I'm finding it hard to pay that much to just have a little spacer for the wings.

I have a Molten Orange ST and was looking to buy a set. Anyone have any suggestions which color I should buy? I have Enkei EV5 wheels, and I think they would work well with the natural aluminum, but the i'd guess the black makes the risers less obvious. Any pictures of the natural aluminum ones floating around?

I absolutely love the looks. I have the black ones on Molten. The kids at the drive-thrus comment on it. If I ever buy another FiST, I'd buy the risers again. Be sure you don't get the knockoffs you might see on ebay.