Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LEAST low lowering springs

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Wtf is with you and data? Are you some pro racer or something???? Buy something and test it for yourself. And then post your data mr bench racer........ data data data where is the data guys ?

Why do you pay for short springs? If it's for handling performance I was asking how it improves handling and by how much. If it's for looks great, money well spent.

People keep saying the short springs improves handling. I'm asking if they have information to back up these statements. So far the answer has been no. I will not be buying short springs until I see a definitive improvement in handling. For me oem handles great!

neeqness

1000 Post Club
What info? You have given no data.

And the research I've done with the fiesta st has given me no data. The only data I can find is on the oem. That's why I'm asking.
You mean you never read reviews on products and only rely on test data? Really?!

But like I've said to you on another thread, the problem here isn't that you want data, but that you have the audacity to imply that you know a product better than people who have used it. Use the product first, run your tests, THEN criticize the product. Otherwise you just come off as a troll since you really don't know anything about it.

Sent using Tapatalk

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Why do you pay for short springs? If it's for handling performance I was asking how it improves handling and by how much. If it's for looks great, money well spent.

People keep saying the short springs improves handling. I'm asking if they have information to back up these statements. So far the answer has been no. I will not be buying short springs until I see a definitive improvement in handling. For me oem handles great!

What do you use your car for? Street? Autocross? Track? The reason I went with the swift springs is that I wanted to eliminate some of the not so predictable rear end handling of the car. If you ever did autocross you would prob understand what I'm talking about. I really didn't like the way rear felt in some longer sweeping turns as the inside wheel picks up and are down to 3 wheels only maintaining traction. The rear sooner or later will give and you find yourself trying to find center again and that causes lost time. The swift springs helped in that department and also made car feel more confident in slaloms. But again I know it's not real DATA........... I know my car moved up a bunch on raw time placing after doing the swift springs but again that's not real DATA.

KKaWing

I guess I'll feed the troll a little bit... Why swift springs are the "best" springs. They keep their linearity, even with lowering springs. Yes there's a collapsible section to lower the car, then the rest is linear, or as much as it can be.

Click link to test DATA OMG!!!

Now, Chris @ Redshift Motorsports started to test coilovers (yes both height adjustable and spring coil over fixed damper setups for those that like to argue some more) a few years back. He's only done 2. Why has that project stalled? MONEY. He needs to buy a set, install it, dyno it, then sell it. Nobody was buying so project is stalled. Why this last blurb? I frankly think it's rude of you to keep asking for data for free. You want data, pony up the money and test it.

Damper dyno's here cost something like 80 bucks a run, and probably 240 bucks a corner if you want 4 data points. That's only if you buy their revalving service, else move along. In other words, serious time attack cars and above only. So yeah, us pleabs with what is arguably the best "cheap thrills" performance hatch will have to make do with our finely tuned butt dynos. Great thing on this forum is, after you provide data, you can sell the setup and try something else. Oh yeah, track data acquisition costs from a simple solo data recorder for a few hundred to real-time tracking with remote sensors like the guys from Counter Space Garage does for a few thousand a session. Please, share your DATA, the rest of us have to make do since our platform doesn't have the guys @ CSG offering up (expensive) DATA (for free).

I'm asking for free data. Im saying that if a company wants me to buy their short springs they need to tell me why their so much better than oem. So far I have yet to hear, so I will not be purchasing short springs.

As for why I questioned in this thread. Someone stated that his springs created better performance. I simply asked him for that information.

grnmachine02

I never actually said I had those springs. Out of all the manufacturers out there, Swift is the only one to (at least claim) match their springs to the valving of the OEM dampers.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Swift springs sold me by being Linear............. just incase you don't know lol

neeqness

1000 Post Club

neeqness

1000 Post Club
But unless you go with their 2.5" diameter coil over springs ON coil overs, you cannot get linear rates, ONLY progressives. [:(]
I didn't mind the progressive springs, so far anyway. I am considering the swift springs next though...

Sent using Tapatalk

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
While I understand the wanting data to quantify results, chances are good that nobody here really knows what to do with all the data that a suspension is capable of putting out. Being a suspension engineer, the data can quickly become overwhelming and can take a massive amount of time to decipher. It is a huge effort and all it is really doing is putting a number on what your ass is telling you. In the 5 years as a suspension engineer and almost 20 years of tinkering with my own car suspensions, I barely touched the surface off everything that is out there.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just installed the Mountune spring . I love this mod . No choppiness over freeway expansion joints and less body roll. Best of all

0011 0101 1110 0110 1010 1111 0101 0001 1100 1110

I'm asking for free data. Im saying that if a company wants me to buy their short springs they need to tell me why their so much better than oem. So far I have yet to hear, so I will not be purchasing short springs.

As for why I questioned in this thread. Someone stated that his springs created better performance. I simply asked him for that information.
You keep saying "Short Springs" and all I can picture is Jed putting on his short pants for summer.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
But unless you go with their 2.5" diameter coil over springs ON coil overs, you cannot get linear rates, ONLY progressives. [:(]
The Eibach Pro springs that you linked and that I am currently using are not intended for coilovers, but for oem shocks.

Sent using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Eibach Pro springs that you linked and that I am currently using are not intended for coilovers, but for oem shocks.
Yes, that was my point, that NEITHER their Pro Kit, nor their Sportline spring lines offer linear rate setups to go on a 5"-5.5" diameter factory spring perch. [wink]

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yes, that was my point, that NEITHER their Pro Kit, nor their Sportline spring lines offer linear rate setups to go on a 5"-5.5" diameter factory spring perch. [wink]
Ok, just checking. Thought maybe you were saying they were for coilovers and not oem shocks. Yes, I actually preferred the progressive rate for my application.

Sent using Tapatalk

It's to my understanding that unless you have modified the valving in your factory dampers, a linear spring would not be happy in those spring frequencies. Thus the reason that major manufacturers(i.e. eibach, h&r, tien, neuspeed) stray away from making a lot of linear rate lowering springs for street vehicles. That being said, there are some OE shocks that will work with a linear spring rate.
I do not have data to back up the fiesta ST side of things, but if you look at the major spring manufacturer lines of lowering springs, most of them(almost all of them) are a progressive spring until you start looking into the 2.5"ID springs to use on a threaded body coilover.

YMMV