Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LEAST low lowering springs

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It's to my understanding that unless you have modified the valving in your factory dampers, a linear spring would not be happy in those spring frequencies. Thus the reason that major manufacturers(i.e. eibach, h&r, tien, neuspeed) stray away from making a lot of linear rate lowering springs for street vehicles. That being said, there are some OE shocks that will work with a linear spring rate.
I do not have data to back up the fiesta ST side of things, but if you look at the major spring manufacturer lines of lowering springs, most of them(almost all of them) are a progressive spring until you start looking into the 2.5"ID springs to use on a threaded body coilover.

YMMV
True, but I do NOT think that the no linear rate thing by most of these companies is solely because of factory damper valvings/settings, but mainly so that they can tell customers "you can have your cake and eat it too" type of marketing that let's them have a nice cushy, smooth, Town Car-like 'living room' ride on rough roads/highway, and then a hard, sharp, 'track day' type of ride once into the upper coils of the spring.

If you ask any real suspension techs, this concept does NOT work so well, IF you care more about that 'track day' type of performance, even on the street.

You may be correct in the factory settings of some dampers would not work all that great with aftermarket linear rate springs, but, Swift's factory; diameter/location/sized replacement springs ARE supposedly fully 'matched'/built to the ST's factory damper valving/settings (or so they claim) despite being linear rate deals. ;)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
True, but I do NOT think that the no linear rate thing by most of these companies is solely because of factory damper valvings/settings, but mainly so that they can tell customers "you can have your cake and eat it too" type of marketing that let's them have a nice cushy, smooth, Town Car-like 'living room' ride on rough roads/highway, and then a hard, sharp, 'track day' type of ride once into the upper coils of the spring.

If you ask any real suspension techs, this concept does NOT work so well, IF you care more about that 'track day' type of performance, even on the street.

You may be correct in the factory settings of some dampers would not work all that great with aftermarket linear rate springs, but, Swift's factory; diameter/location/sized replacement springs ARE supposedly fully 'matched'/built to the ST's factory damper valving/settings (or so they claim) despite being linear rate deals. ;)
This is not entirely true. They are only marketing an improved ride. Not some cushy Town car ride at all. My car does not ride that cushy actually with these springs and I can feel all the bumps, the difference is that they take away the bounciness as the OP asks and some of the harshness that you feel with oem suspension. Anyone expecting a town car ride will be exceedingly disappointed and rightfully so...if the company was marketing one but I don't see it that way at all nor do I perceive the intent on their website. They know their customers are sport-oriented and not towards luxury rides.

Sent using Tapatalk

Waterfan

Hi OP,

Not from personal experience, but I have read the Bilstein PSSB14 coilovers for the REGULAR Fiesta fit our ST perfectly and at the highest setting are "very close" to stock ride height.

I like the daily convenience of stock ride height also and am currently debating to go for coilovers or just leave it stock.