Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Anyone used the Symposer tube as a wire conduit?

Has anyone used the symposer tube to run wires into the cabin?

I've removed the main section of tube (from the kazoo to where it connects to another section under the battery. I need to run a few wires from a pressure sender in the engine bay through the firewall and this seems to be an easy way.

OP
allpurposeben
Thread Starter #2
And as soon as I post I find an answer. If anyone else has done it and cares to chime in with observations, please feel free.

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
The symposer tube goes into cabin and makes a sharp turn. Pain in the ass to run wires past the turn. I ended up cutting it before the turn to make things easier.

Look under steering wheel where tube comes in, you'll see what I mean

I did for my 4 gauge amp wiring, like frankie said, it was a royal pain. Ended up using an eletricians fish tape to jam it down the tube and was then able to pull the 4 guage on through.

OP
allpurposeben
Thread Starter #5
I did for my 4 gauge amp wiring, like frankie said, it was a royal pain. Ended up using an eletricians fish tape to jam it down the tube and was then able to pull the 4 guage on through.
Fed through the engine side of the firewall or from under the dash out?

I peeked under there briefly this morning and the exit of the tube wasn't immediately obvious to me. Granted I have the flu and it was 20 degrees this morning so I didn't try too hard.

Is there any kind of cap on the cabin side exit or it just comes in and turns sharply?

In for answers. Possible pictures too if you guys have any? I've really been considering this for my light bar wires and amp install.

I don't have any pics, but I fed the fish tape from under the hood, the hose under the dash makes a sharp turn towards the passenger side, I just reached up and pulled it down

Spaceman_Spiff

When I installed my amp, I taped the wire to a wire clothes hanger and poked the hanger thru the rubber grommet next to the tube and pulled it into the engine bay via the hanger. No problems.