Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Does 12v outlet run constant

Does the 12v outlet in front of the cup holders power off eventually?

I feel like phone charger light is always on. Even after I lock it or walk up to the car after it's been off awhile it seems like the light on the charger is on. I don't want to be draining my battery.

My front is always on. Its a domestic car thing, they have always been like that AFAIK. Given the size of the battery in the car, running a little LED in my charger wont be enough to make a difference. If you let the car sit a long time (months) unplug it before storing.

Zormecteon

I left my radar detector plugged in tho and it did drain the battery to where the electric locks wouldn't function. (I've since moved it to the fuse block, ignition on)

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Mine is always on. I've left my phone charger and even my tablet in all night with the car sitting unused with no problems. Even after a few days. The phone charger doesn't use enough amps to really drain the battery that much unless it's for over at least about a week. Maybe a longer but a week is about how long I did it without starting the car. You could maybe go longer but if you have other things connected to the battery you might need to run the engine a few minutes after awhile.

Zormecteon

I thought I posted the reply, but I don't see it.. so.................

It couldn't have been as long as over the weekend, say Friday evening to Monday Morning... ... so couple of days at most. I wouldn't have thought the detector drew that much amperage, but it's the only thing that was drawing power and the battery has been fine since,.. and it's been over a year.