Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Noise at low RPM

So I wanted to see if anyone could help me out. I have just about 800+ miles on my Fist now and its been making a whining sound when I'm in higher gears at low RPM. Here's a video with the noise.
Thanks, Anthony
[video=youtube_share;C-j1SUEZAKI]http://youtu.be/C-j1SUEZAKI[/video]

pwnall1337

Vendor
Take it to the dealer, this could be anything from mounts to transmission bearings. I had the same noise on my 2014 Brembo Mustang GT but I traded it in 2 weeks after I bought it so I never got it looked into lol.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #3
Take it to the dealer, this could be anything from mounts to transmission bearings. I had the same noise on my 2014 Brembo Mustang GT but I traded it in 2 weeks after I bought it so I never got it looked into lol.
I am going to take to the dealer I was just curious if anyone had a similar issue or knew what it was

I have an ever so slightly same noise out of my Fist also . Not as loud but sounds the same just on a lower note . Didn't think much of it but if it gets as loud as yours I will be taking it in .

However please post the outcome of your situation I would like to know . Hope all is good with your car though .

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Sounds like air escaping from somewhere. Make sure everything that could see boost is tight and on securely.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #6
Sounds like air escaping from somewhere. Make sure everything that could see boost is tight and on securely.
I know it kind of sounds like that, I thought that at first too. I can almost feel it in the drivetrain through the pedals so I don't think so. I have a service appointment on Tuesday.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #9
I couldn't make today's appointment so rescheduled for this Thursday, just wanted to give everyone an update.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #15
So they told me that the noise isn't normal but today isn't a good day to take it apart and see what the problem is. They're going to call me and let me know when to bring it back.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
So they told me that the noise isn't normal but today isn't a good day to take it apart and see what the problem is. They're going to call me and let me know when to bring it back.
oh man, very curious to hear the outcome, either way good luck man and sorry to hear about your issues :(

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #17
Thank you
I find it very annoying that I had to make an appointment only for them to tell me that Thursday isn't a good day for them to fix my car, why was I even there? I guess just to waste my time!

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #18
New Transmission Ordered

They just called me and told me they want to replace the transmission and a new one was just ordered.