Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

November 2016 Fiesta of the Month Winner - Accel Junky

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account

User Name: DloST [MENTION=5592]Accel Junky[/MENTION]
Year of Vehicle: 2016
Color of Vehicle: Magnetic Grey

Current Modifications
  • Cobb AP V3
  • Stratified OTS tune
  • Mountune FMIC, black
  • Cobb RMM
  • Shorai 36ah LiFePo lightweight battery
  • Motorcraft FL400S oil filter (larger)
  • Swift Spec R springs
  • Maxton front splitter
  • Maxton rear wing extension
  • 17x8 Rota Titan wheels
  • VMS lightweight forged aluminum lugs
  • Wilwood big brake kit front
  • Wilwood stainless braided brake lines front
  • Motul RBF600 Brake Fluid
  • VHT painted rear calipers
  • DDM Slim Ballast HIDs
  • Yorkim LED interior and license plate bulbs
  • DIY muffler delete
  • DIY symposer delete
  • DIY brake ducting
  • DIY free intake mod
  • DIY rear wiper delete
  • DIY 3D printed gas pedal spacer
  • DIY Misc weight reduction - ~98 lbs to date (delete full symposer, delete engine cover, delete hood insulation/hardware, delete front lower grill, delete full washer reservoir, delete 1 of 2 horns and dual horn bracket, delete radiator shroud flaps, delete sun visors, delete rear wiper/motor/hardware, muffler delete, delete front OEM shock NVH ballast)

Future Modifications
  • Achieve <2600lb street weight w/ full interior
  • Achieve <2450lb track weight
  • Limited Slip Diff (high priority)
  • Upgrade cooling system as needed to prevent overheating at track
  • Replace tires with Federal RSRs
  • DHM Front Crash Bar
  • DHM Rear Crash Bar
  • Replace sh!tty Mountune intercooler (possibly DHM Race)
  • X39 Turbo upgrade
  • Downpipe upgrade
  • Resonator delete
  • Re-work brake ducts (route both from passenger fog duct + custom rotor backing plate)
  • Cobb air filter
  • Modify stock airbox/ducting (gold foil insulate + add flange/port at bottom and route hose to driver's fog duct)
  • Lightweight flywheel
  • Race seat (1x) for track days (retain Recaros for street)
  • DIY Sunroof delete
  • SS tuning steering wheel (alcantara, matte carbon or black trim)
  • Rocker panel splitters
  • Rear diffuser (if ever made)
  • Alcantara shift boot
  • New shift knob (WC Lathewerks etc...)
  • Gloss black mirror cap and roof wrap
  • Meth/water injection

Reason Why I Chose the Fiesta ST
The extremely positive press coverage intrigued me over the last couple of years so when I had a chance to rent one at the N?rburgring while in Germany for work, I went for it. Talk about an ideal test drive! I fell in love with it there and as soon as I was back in the States I just needed a reason to get one. As it turned out, I justified it eventually because my E46 daily driver was constantly bleeding my bank account dry. I just had enough with it and the big rebates Ford was offering sealed the deal for me. The reasons why I enjoy the FiST so much are primarily the light weight, the fact that the car handles unlike a typical FWD car, and the torquey and tunable powerplant. The icing on the cake is that for a daily driver it is practical, easy to dart through traffic, doesn't need to be revved out to put a smile on your face, the gearing is so short and fun on the street, and the fuel economy is pretty decent. For the track the icing on the cake is that the low weight and small size means cheaper running costs and consumables plus the benefit of embarrassing much more powerful cars. The modifications are also much easier (cheaper) to afford and sneak by my wife...

Looks great! May I ask where you purchased your Maxton rear wing extension from?

Thanks, all. [thankyou]

Looks great! May I ask where you purchased your Maxton rear wing extension from?
Bought the lip and wing extension straight from Maxton. I had them within 3 days of purchase. It was impressive. The wing extension needed a little strategy to install. I had to heat it up with a heat gun and use quick clamps to get it to conform properly to the curve of the wing.

Car looks great man! I got that spoiler lip too. I went with the whole thing though. Which was the Cupra front splitter or whatever its called Lol And also the back small pieces and side skirts as well. Turned out looking better than I thought.

Congrats! Very tasteful MG FiST.

How's your Shorai Li-Fe holding up? (Parasitic loads drained mine in two weeks.)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Congrats! I was rooting for you and voted you up hoping you would win. Magnetic brothers unite!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
congrats

i voted for you as well

love the wheels, brakes, front lip combo

well done sir

looking forward to what you have planned in the future

Thanks all! :)

How's your Shorai Li-Fe holding up? (Parasitic loads drained mine in two weeks.)
Mine is doing great. I've run these in a few cars. The current 36ah battery that I have I ran in my E46 M3 for about 10 months, killed it several times during an alternator/belt fiasco, and now is daily driven in my FiST. It cranks it no problem and will sit for several days with the car locked and crank with no issues. Shorai's are my favorite secret part that nobody knows about. But if you do have an electronics heavy car I wouldn't advise it. I haven't put one in my GT4 yet because it runs cooling fans once you turn it off and I know that will fubar the battery.

Congrats! I was rooting for you and voted you up hoping you would win. Magnetic brothers unite!
Thanks! Magnetic is such a good color. Greys are hard to pull off.

THIS. This is also my hurdle. I figure foreplay her up with some cosmetic and drivability mods before rounding third and getting to good stuff.
Unfortunately my wife is stone cold to car mods. If it ain't free and installed by someone else free, then it is like pulling teeth with her.

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Where did you get the rear spoiler lip from? I tried looking around online and can't find any vendors in America.

Where did you get the rear spoiler lip from? I tried looking around online and can't find any vendors in America.
That's the Maxton Design extension. You can order it straight from the UK. I got mine in 2-3 business days, was thoroughly impressed. You'll need to do a little work to get it to fit properly. Heat gun to carefully make the lip a little more pliable, spray soapy water on the wing (after cleaning with alcohol) so you can slide the extension around into place and then hold it. Once it starts to set up a little grab 2 quikgrips and lightly (very gently) clamp down the left and right side as they will bow up a little and need encouragement to confirm to the arc. Then use the heatgun to carefully continue pressing down the extension as the tape sets up.

CONGRATS AGAIN! [twothumb]

Which exhaust tip is that?
[cheers]

The tip is just an ebay "burnt" style. I think 2.5" inlet. It's a little big on the tips though and the burnt effect has faded. I think I will eventually have them cut off and maybe weld on a pair of black tips with a rolled lip OR a set of double wall slant cut stainless tips.

What is the offset on your wheels and tire sizing? Any rub issues with your spring setup? I just purchased a Magnetic 16' and those wheels look perfect.

That's one nice fiesta you got there, congrats man.
[drinking]

What is the offset on your wheels and tire sizing? Any rub issues with your spring setup? I just purchased a Magnetic 16' and those wheels look perfect.
17x8 +40 on stock tires for now. They are way too stretched. No rubbing with the stretch but could become an issue with wider tires. At first I was hesitant that the wheels were too close in color to the car but now I think it is a subtle classy difference.

Congratulations. I really wish grey was an option when I purchased mine in 2014, I really love the steath factor, especially with black rims and not a lot of flash on the outside.

That's the Maxton Design extension. You can order it straight from the UK. I got mine in 2-3 business days, was thoroughly impressed. You'll need to do a little work to get it to fit properly. Heat gun to carefully make the lip a little more pliable, spray soapy water on the wing (after cleaning with alcohol) so you can slide the extension around into place and then hold it. Once it starts to set up a little grab 2 quikgrips and lightly (very gently) clamp down the left and right side as they will bow up a little and need encouragement to confirm to the arc. Then use the heatgun to carefully continue pressing down the extension as the tape sets up.

[cheers]

The tip is just an ebay "burnt" style. I think 2.5" inlet. It's a little big on the tips though and the burnt effect has faded. I think I will eventually have them cut off and maybe weld on a pair of black tips with a rolled lip OR a set of double wall slant cut stainless tips.
What is the part number for that spoiler extension? (or a link will work) I get confused with all the UK Fiesta labeling lol.

Car looking amazing btw!