Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KC forum members

First off I wasn't sure where to post this so if it isn't in the right place moderators feel free to move it.

I'm wanting help from forum members that live in or near Kansas City. My sister that lives there recently bought a Focus and for Christmas I would like to get her windows tinted for her. But I don't know where to send her. Window tint shops can be hit or miss and prices can also vary from shop to shop. I don't live close to KC so I'm hoping someone knows a shop that does quality work and is reasonable. I have thought about contacting the Ford dealer that she bought the car through but I'm sure they're going to be much more expensive than an independent shop. Thanks for any suggestions that you can make.

I'm having mine done tomorrow by a place in Lee Summit, I'll let you know how it goes.

What part of the metro does she live in?

OP
Tex ST-AR
Thread Starter #3
I'm having mine done tomorrow by a place in Lee Summit, I'll let you know how it goes.

What part of the metro does she live in?
Thanks, she lives in Shawnee and works at Sprint headquarters.

Thanks, she lives in Shawnee and works at Sprint headquarters.
I went to MidWest Tinting, the Lee's Summit location, and worked with Dustin.

Did a great job. Gonna hold off on pictures as it takes a couple days for the super small imperfections to work out. Once it's had a few days to set I'll take some pictures.

The shitty thing is you can can't go darker than 35% in Kansas. Gotta love living in Brownbackistan. They'll probably do darker off the books but I wouldn't, cops in Johnson county are predatory.

OP
Tex ST-AR
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the help I will give Dustin a call. Post picks when you can I would like to see your car.

I went to MidWest Tinting, the Lee's Summit location, and worked with Dustin.

Did a great job. Gonna hold off on pictures as it takes a couple days for the super small imperfections to work out. Once it's had a few days to set I'll take some pictures.

The shitty thing is you can can't go darker than 35% in Kansas. Gotta love living in Brownbackistan. They'll probably do darker off the books but I wouldn't, cops in Johnson county are predatory.

After about 5 days to cure, things turned out pretty good. Edges of the windows are very tight and no bubbles.

It supposed to get above freezing for a few minutes tomorrow, I'll try to wash the car and get some pictures.