Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GB Group buy for Delrin Steering Rack Bushings

Trader history for Gun_Runner (0)

Delrin or Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings Group Buy!!

Hey guys,
I've been selling my solid steering rack bushings on here for a while, and I figure it's about time to do a group buy.

****Delrin Steering rack Bushings****
Group buy price is $50 for the set (normal price is $65). That's almost 25% off!!
Ready for immediate shipment.

****Aluminum Steering Rack Bushings****
Group buy price is $45 (normal price is $55). That's almost 20% off!!
Three weeks before first sets ship.

These bushings install in place of the stock rubber ones on your steering rack. These greatly improve your steering feel through the wheel, help with high speed turning stability, and increase turn-in response as well as transition control.

The difference between Delrin and Aluminum is only that the Delrin does not transfer the harmonic noise from the rack, and the Aluminum will. Both bushings feel pretty much identical.

They Fit on both the standard Fiesta, as well as the Fiesta ST.

Many of you know me from my 4x100 conversions for the Fiesta hubs, so please keep supporting me, and I will keep bringing you guys awesome stuff!

Check out my page, facebook.com/alexthemachinist for more of my work.

I accept paypal, USPS money orders, cash, and credit cards. To order, please shoot me a PM on here, or my Facebook page.

13 Delrin sets remaining!
18 Aluminum sets remaining!

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #6
ANY chance that you will ever make the alloy ones again in the future??
Yes, just not at this time. I'm trying to machine more that one order at a time. It has just gotten to be to hard to do a full setup for one order. Sorry about that.

Any reason you are against the Delrin?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, just not at this time. I'm trying to machine more that one order at a time. It has just gotten to be to hard to do a full setup for one order. Sorry about that.

Any reason you are against the Delrin?
It's not that I am against the Delrin, as it is a GREAT material for bushings which one does not want to ever bind (as poly does in certain apps).

But, I want to do this ONCE and ONLY ONCE, being the pain it is for me to do myself in a VERY tight garage, or pay for someone else to do the install, and as great as Delrin is, it can still 'cold form', and wear over time, whereas a good aluminum alloy will not.

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #8
It's not that I am against the Delrin, as it is a GREAT material for bushings which one does not want to ever bind (as poly does in certain apps).

But, I want to do this ONCE and ONLY ONCE, being the pain it is for me to do myself in a VERY tight garage, or pay for someone else to do the install, and as great as Delrin is, it can still 'cold form', and wear over time, whereas a good aluminum alloy will not.
Best answer I have ever gotten I think. Appreciate all the thought you put into your mods. Sit tight, I'm sure I'll have a group buy on the alloy ones.

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #11
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/7232-Steering-Rack-and-Bushing-Install-Instructions

Is dropping the subframe necessary? Or can you leave the tie rods and steering knuckle connected, remove the rear subframe bolts and loosen the fronts enough to unbolt the steering rack and replace the bushings that way? Seems like that would minimize the steering misalignment issues.
If you just detach the tie rods at their connection to the knuckle, and just detach the control arms on the bottom of the knuckle, you will have no changes made to the steering alignment, and everything is easier to deal with.

I'm going to be installing springs and front sway bar soon and I'm looking to minimize the number of things that can go wrong and also plan out if they should be done in stages or all at once. Obviously sway bar and steering bushings together makes sense. But if pulling the struts at the same time makes life easier without creating more potential issues, might as well do it all in one shot.

So could you drop the tie rod ends, end links, pull the struts, unbolt the steering rack and drop the entire subframe (or at least enough to do the work) and still leave the steering column attached? I'm just trying to visualize it.

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #13
I would do it all at once.

Detaching the steering column is easy, only one 10mm bolt on the inside, near the pedals.

You will still have no issues with steering alignment after re-install.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I ordered the alum bushings a week or two ago for when I swap them new engine in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #17
13 sets remaining!!!! Update, all sets available to ship within the next 3 days!!!!

OP
Gun_Runner
Thread Starter #19
PLEASE let us know if you ever do a run of the alloy ones again! [thumb]
If I can get four orders of aluminum ones, I'll run them.

$45 a set for a group buy price and includes shipping. Expect a 4ish week turnaround

Think you can make it happen? In fact, if you can convince four other people other than yourself, for a total of 5 initial orders, I'll give you yours for $20.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If I can get four orders of aluminum ones, I'll run them.

$45 a set for a group buy price and includes shipping. Expect a 4ish week turnaround

Think you can make it happen? In fact, if you can convince four other people other than yourself, for a total of 5 initial orders, I'll give you yours for $20.
Does my set count as one ? Lol. I order 2 weeks ago or so :)