Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Interior Light Activation after Engine Shutoff ?

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sometimes, when the engine is shutoff, the interior lights automatically activate.

Note the word, "sometimes". They of course turn off after a minute or few.

I like the feature and would like it to happen more consistently. You have stuff to grab before you open the door and it lights your way to make sure you don't miss grabbing that phone, that badge, that pen, etecetera.

What's the logic to determine whether the lights come on with engine off?

Also, is there an interior switch to turn on all interior lights

NOTE: The door ajar dash light is not on.

I think it's based off the ambient light sensor or the automatic head lights. I notice mine mainly after driving at night

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Does yours always activate after shutting off the engine at night?
Most of the time mine does not; just some of the time.

Spaceman_Spiff

...Also, is there an interior switch to turn on all interior lights...
I can't find one. I've always been told that if I get pulled over at night to switch on the dome light to ease tensions, but the closest i can figure out is to slightly open the door. Not sure how that'll be perceived, tho. I guess I'll just try not to get pulled over [dunno]

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I agree, would definitely avoid cracking the door. Some of them are already wound-up tight enough to shoot people for following instructions.

OP
Intuit

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #6
If want the interior lights to activate after engine shutoff, try unlocking the doors just prior to shutting off the engine.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mine was consistently turning on until about 2 weeks ago. Now it's a crap shoot. It's winter so I'm nearly always in darkness, so it's not a light sensor thing. Go Ford lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I agree, would definitely avoid cracking the door. Some of them are already wound-up tight enough to shoot people for following instructions.
Always turn on the dome light and put your hands on the top of the wheel or the dash. NEVER and I mean NEVER even LOOK like you are opening the door.