Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

Ish

What do you mean with wastegate pretensioned? And on how much have you now 1mm or 3mm. thanks in advance.
Theres a certain amount of tension that you add to the flapper with your wastegate. Currently on my x47 Im at around 0mm-1mm preload. As before on my x37 i was running the same iwg at 3mm preload.

hmm, while I do have a x37 with the large elbow I do not have the turbo smart deal. not sure which one is appropriate, the 11 or 17?. also is the gfb dv fine for a lamer set up? any advice would be welcome. thanks

ps cant seem to make sense of pricing. I can use my stock turbo for a trade, paid the core charge when I upgraded to the x37, but the pumaspeed website show the x47 for around 1150 ish not the 1450 ish from panda. sorry for the money thing question,

Theres a certain amount of tension that you add to the flapper with your wastegate. Currently on my x47 Im at around 0mm-1mm preload. As before on my x37 i was running the same iwg at 3mm preload.
Hey Gasgas290!
There's plenty of vids on youtube who can guide you in preloading an internal wastegate.

Fast said, It's basically the wastegate rod actuator that you screw/unscrew to get the targeted preload.

I'm letting you this link if it can help you:
http://www.turbosmart.com.au/technical-articles/internal-wastegate-faq/

[rockon]

-Seb-

Hey [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] !
By 0mm to 1mm preset can you let everyone knows what you mean?

Is it like screw/unscrew the rod actuator by doing:
- 0 turn
- 1/2 turn
- 1 turn
- 1 1/2 turn
- 2 turns

Thanks man!

[rockon]

-Seb-

Ish

Hey [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] !
By 0mm to 1mm preset can you let everyone knows what you mean?

Is it like screw/unscrew the rod actuator by doing:
- 0 turn
- 1/2 turn
- 1 turn
- 1 1/2 turn
- 2 turns

Thanks man!

[rockon]

-Seb-

I placed the inside nut at about 0mm-1mm away from the flapper. Then just tighten the outside nut towards the inside nut. I say 0mm-1mm since I dont really know the exact distance I placed it lol it was an estimate.

[MENTION=6752]Gasgas290[/MENTION]

I also found this page who can help you or somebody else!

Click the link below:

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/instructions-downloads

Scroll bottom down until you see Wastegate - Internal and click Internal Wastegate Actuator ? No Clevis (EFR, Porsche, Focus, etc.)

It will open you a pdf file with some very good specific infos about the wastegate pre-load and how to do it!

Enjoy the read!

[rockon]

-Seb-

Sorry guys I know it's little bit off topic from X-47... but for lazy people here the specific info according to the iwg pdf file from Turbosmart support page:

For a non-clevis type actuator, the preload is set by adjusting both of the M6 nuts together accordingly. The thread on the rod is M6x1.0 which means that one full turn of the nut equals 1mm change in rod extension, hence 1mm of preload. To set preload, hand-tighten the preload adjustment nut (nut A) clockwise to hold the wastegate flap shut. Now, use a 10mm spanner to turn nut-A two complete turns in a clockwise direction. The preload is now set to 2 mm. To lock the preload setting, tighten the preload lock nut (Nut-B) in an anticlockwise direction until it is hand-tight against the wastegate valve arm. Use a torque wrench to tighten both nuts to 6.5Nm (4.79 ftlb). Confirm that preload is set correctly by applying air pressure (do not apply air pressure supply higher than 3 bar (40psi) gauge) to the top cap of the IWG, the rod should move without hesitation once the air pressure applied to the cap of IWG is higher than the spring pressure."

If it can help someone!

[rockon]

-Seb-

masonsturbos

Just got the x47 installed... first tip I'll give for free- put the coolant plugs from the factory turbo into the 47... the replacement they put in are aluminum and even tight, mine leaked...
other than that installing it twice was fun.
I also found out chris got me the 11 psi spring when he ordered.. reasoning was because that's what puma used for their claims. So far on 11 psi the car feels better than my 93 tune from 4500 up, might be in my head. Vdyno coming soon for just base wastegate logs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got the x47 installed... first tip I'll give for free- put the coolant plugs from the factory turbo into the 47... the replacement they put in are aluminum and even tight, mine leaked...
I also found out chris got me the 11 psi spring when he ordered.. reasoning was because that's what puma used for their claims. So far on 11 psi the car feels better than my 93 tune from 4500 up, might be in my head. Vdyno coming soon for just base wastegate logs

Nice! Base wastegate VDynos would be great. Could you also share mass flow rates(lbm/min). Would like to compare from my current Cobb stage 3. I'm seeing about 20lbm/min.

masonsturbos

ok, for the install, pretty straight forward:
Headlights, intake, battery and tray, cowl/wipers, disconnect exhaust from dp, dp from turbo- 1 of mine siezed causing a huge headache, oil and coolant lines, boost module reference lines, 3 turbo bolts on the manifold- soak in PB blaster before, remove from the bottom.
transfer DV, boost module thing mount, [rant] [wrenchin]SWAP THE COOLANT PLUGS FROM FACTORY TO X47- THE PUMASPEED ONES LEAKED ON MINE AND WERE TIGHT AS A MUG [boxface] [dunno]- install wastegate- 0-1mm of preload, intake tune.
then fanagle her up from the bottom, have a buddy put the nut on from the top, then its the two from the bottom, coolant/oil lines, boost module reference lines, dp to turbo- antiseize please, dp to exhaust, cowl/wipers, intake, battery/tray, headlights, load your tune, check for leaks, add coolant and check oil, short drive, check for leaks, log your basemap, send to tuner, look in aww at basemap numbers....

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club

Exact same thing happened with my x37, they must be using shit plugs or something. Happened to a few guys that pm'd with their x37. When I messaged PS on Facebook, they didn't help much and adam denied any responsibility lol. These companies are the shits of life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #219
Ish's x-47 Results - e10(CA91) verses e30(CA91) Comparison

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid / V-Dyno Results:

Owner: Ish

Fuel: e10 (CA91)

Tuner: Tune+

Modifications List:
  • Injen Intake
  • 2j-Racing Downpipe
  • MBRP Exhaust
  • Mishimoto J-Line FMIC
  • Turbosmart IWG (17psi)
  • GFB DV+
Results: 269whp / 295wtq (3 runs averaged)

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid / V-Dyno Results:

Owner: Ish

Fuel: e30 (CA91)

Tuner: Tune+

Modifications List:
  • Injen Intake
  • 2j-Racing Downpipe
  • MBRP Exhaust
  • Mishimoto J-Line FMIC
  • Turbosmart IWG (17psi)
  • GFB DV+
Results: 288whp / 303wtq

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
I'm not trying to bash or start a fight.... but what happened to the "300whp on 93" claim???

Seems like those dynos in the U.K. Read about 30whp higher huh?

I'm sure the turbo is great and runs good, but you have to admit.. marketing strikes again!