Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #322
Hey [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION]

Have you thought about running over to Clarks Travel Center here in Indio and filling up with 100 octane just for the hell of it? A bit spendy though.... LOLz!!!

http://www.clarkstravelcenter.com/

Race Gas - Sunoco SS100.jpg

Ish

Hey [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION]

Have you thought about running over to Clarks Travel Center here in Indio and filling up with 100 octane?

http://www.clarkstravelcenter.com/

View attachment 13054
I mentioned it to Adam but he thinks that on e30 + meth its pretty close to being maxed out. So I didnt give it a try, but who knows maybe theres more power that can be squeezed out of the x47?[dunno]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #325
I mentioned it to Adam but he thinks that on e30 + meth its pretty close to being maxed out. So I didnt give it a try, but who knows maybe theres more power that can be squeezed out of the x47?[dunno]
If you run a 50/50 mix of e85 and 100octane fuel that would be close to e50 / 102octane...This would be somewhat cheaper than running a full tank of 100octane with a much higher ethanol content ...

[HR][/HR]
On second thought... 3gal (e85) + 8gal (100oct) ~ e30 / 100 octane

e30 100octane.jpg

http://www.georgebelton.com/E85Calculator.php

Ish

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
The turbo itself is maxed out? Or is fuel maxed out? Racing fuels require less volume than ethanol (aka BFSC). Example: even though I'm tapped out of fuel on a 50/50 ethanol mix, I could make more power on MS-109. Not because of increased octane, but because you can flow more race fuel than ethanol.

So, I'm asking for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ish

The turbo itself is maxed out? Or is fuel maxed out? Racing fuels require less volume than ethanol (aka BFSC). Example: even though I'm tapped out of fuel on a 50/50 ethanol mix, I could make more power on MS-109. Not because of increased octane, but because you can flow more race fuel than ethanol.

So, I'm asking for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I could answer your question I would.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #330
91oct+E30+Meth(50/50mix)
[MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION]

I see your peak boost for e30+meth appears to be ~28psi now...I'm curious as to where your WGDC is at?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #333

masonsturbos

We were hitting 27.5-28 psi on 93 during testing, we have since dialed back to solve some other issues such as throttle closures and hitting torque & load limits- still around 280 on 93 with improvements ever revision fixing throttle closures and smoothing both timing and boost curves.
Couple more revisions and we will move forward to e30... the good Midwest 97octane e30:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JasonHaven

We were hitting 27.5-28 psi on 93 during testing, we have since dialed back to solve some other issues such as throttle closures and hitting torque & load limits- still around 280 on 93 with improvements ever revision fixing throttle closures and smoothing both timing and boost curves.
Couple more revisions and we will move forward to e30... the good Midwest 97octane e30:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Are you Panda's guinea pig for their off the shelf tunes for this, or are you getting a custom tune to get 280?

LILIKE16ST

That is awesome that you're hitting 280 on plain old 93 pump gas very impressive. It's basically about the same in 93 power wise as an x37 on e30...is this a correct assumption? I loved the x37 and wanted to go that route it's great to know there's an even better option now that's even more promising. I am looking forward to seeing the 93/e85 results. I would hope it could do 300 with no meth. We shall see :)

LILIKE16ST

It is doing approximately 10 or so more hp give or take on 93 vs 91 so the 93/e85 e30 mix should do 10ish whp more than 91/e85 e30 mix which was high 280s so 300 is possible im very much looking forward to it.

Ish

That is awesome that you're hitting 280 on plain old 93 pump gas very impressive. It's basically about the same in 93 power wise as an x37 on e30...is this a correct assumption? I loved the x37 and wanted to go that route it's great to know there's an even better option now that's even more promising. I am looking forward to seeing the 93/e85 results. I would hope it could do 300 with no meth. We shall see :)
Yup thats what mine showed as well. My 91oct x47 is making about the same power as my e30 x37 minus some torque.

LILIKE16ST

Yup thats what mine showed as well. My 91oct x47 is making about the same power as my e30 x37 minus some torque.
That is great to hear. I love your car Ish it's sweet it's one of the main reasons I wanna go with one of these hybrids seeing what they're truly capable of is very impressive.