Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

LILIKE16ST

I think one of these pushing 280 whp on 93 should easily hit high 12s if you can even just halfway hook up a little. Particularly if you're like me and have a base car with 100 lbs dumped out of it including light weight wheels etc (compared to stock boat anchors)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #382
I think one of these pushing 280 whp on 93 should easily hit high 12s if you can even just halfway hook up a little. Particularly if you're like me and have a base car with 100 lbs dumped out of it including light weight wheels etc (compared to stock boat anchors)
Here ya go...

FORUM NAME: Masonsturbos
TURBO: PumaSpeed x-47
ADDITIONAL UPGRADES: Injen Intake, 2j-Racing DP, Mishimoto J-Line FMIC
FUEL: 93 Octane
DYNO OR V-DYNO: V-Dyno
TUNER: Panda
RESULTS : 280whp / 295wtq (2 runs averaged) - 285whp max

Update:

Our thread poll is currently showing that (16) x-47 Hybrids have been purchased but only 3 have been installed, tuned, and results posted?...Guess most are waiting for the Spring thaw to install theirs??

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

View attachment 13254

[HR][/HR]
There are also results posted in the first post of this thread (below) for 91 / 93 / E30 / E30+Meth(50/50) fuels...

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo - Forum Member Results

[HR][/HR]
For those that are currently tuning their x-47's could you also post airflow numbers ("airflow mass lbs/min") that a few of our members are requesting to see?
Hey [MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION]!

Mine is installed but my FiST is in the garage for the winter so I'm planning to get it tuned in May.

I'm slowly working on the car. Installing Meth injection system, doing custom catch cans, heat wrapping downpipe, powdercoating some parts, etc.

Tunes I'm planning:
- Street Tune: 91 Oct & 91Oct + Meth (VP M1 50/50 mix)
- Racing Tune: 94 Oct + Meth (VP M1 50/50 mix)

Can't wait for the spring/summer to come back...you can believe me!

[rockon]

-Seb-

masonsturbos

I ordered mine in the beginning of January and just received mine today. No big deal I was in no hurry. I do daily drive mine but we are still getting some snow every now and then. Product looks awesome and I'm excited to install it soon when I can find some free time.
Don't forget to swap those coolant plugs before install ;))

I'm seeing 31lb/min @ 25psi.
My final 93 tune is 275/300 at 25 psi and 12.2:1afr at redline. I'll post some vdynos later. I'm happier losing the 5-10hp because:
1- it's 3 less psi
2- it's much richer
3- it's only a 93 tune...
Troy should have a very nice 93 tune for you boys, we worked hard on it.
93 vs 93 I'm dead even with esondi and his 2680r atp kit. Beat the snot out of the car this past weekend on a stl st cruise and it performed perfect. The linear power is hard to beat when coming out of a turn.

E30 will start soon- gotta go back to stl and fill my 2. 15 gal drums with e30 so I can tune/drive while at school:))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My pro race 1.2s in 16x7 are on their way along with some hankook ventus RS3s from another source [biggrin]
Very excited about getting this X-47 installed and tuned.

masonsturbos

T minus 20 days until the first drag strip day! I'm hoping for a 13.0 on 93. I ran a 13.8 stock turbo e30- 218hp- I'm really thinking most of the time will simply be made up because you can rev to 7200 and not shifting at 5500

Don't forget to swap those coolant plugs before install ;))

I'm seeing 31lb/min @ 25psi.
My final 93 tune is 275/300 at 25 psi and 12.2:1afr at redline. I'll post some vdynos later. I'm happier losing the 5-10hp because:
1- it's 3 less psi
2- it's much richer
3- it's only a 93 tune...
Troy should have a very nice 93 tune for you boys, we worked hard on it.
93 vs 93 I'm dead even with esondi and his 2680r atp kit. Beat the snot out of the car this past weekend on a stl st cruise and it performed perfect. The linear power is hard to beat when coming out of a turn.

E30 will start soon- gotta go back to stl and fill my 2. 15 gal drums with e30 so I can tune/drive while at school:))

Thanks I did make a note to change those plugs. Looking forward to install. Thought I was going to get a chance this weekend but waiting on gaskets. I verified last night my IWG has the 11# spring as well.

Rslo you are the closest guy to me I see on this thread, any chance I can drive to Cleveland and go for a ride this spring after you get it installed. I'm interested in buying the turbo I just wanna see how it is first.

T minus 20 days until the first drag strip day! I'm hoping for a 13.0 on 93. I ran a 13.8 stock turbo e30- 218hp- I'm really thinking most of the time will simply be made up because you can rev to 7200 and not shifting at 5500

You'll have to keep us posted on this. Maybe make a thread in the track section for x-47 times or something [clap]

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #393
You'll have to keep us posted on this. Maybe make a thread in the track section for x-47 times or something [clap]

Good idea...We could create a specific "Hybrid Turbo Track Times Thread" once folks begin to post times for FiSTs with hybrid turbos...

There is a general drag race times thread that was posted a while ago but really hasn't been updated in quite some time....

Official FiST Drag Race Times and Discussion Thread

Last edited:
Bought mine from pumaspeed on February 7. Send my core out a couple days later. Got am email last night saying they have my turbo ready to be shipped out. If you send your core out 1st, you will receive it faster. Luckily i had a spare stock turbo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Rslo you are the closest guy to me I see on this thread, any chance I can drive to Cleveland and go for a ride this spring after you get it installed. I'm interested in buying the turbo I just wanna see how it is first.
Might be a little while before I get it all dialed in. Still waiting on gaskets so not installed yet but shouldn't be a problem.

Ish

Finally got a hold of some good meth so no more lean afr. Car is running strong. I did a few logs last night with the same 91+meth tune i was using for the boost juice crap and vdyno is showing about 288whp vs before it was at around 277whp. Thats on the exact same tune as before. Also This is on a 60/40 mix, NOT 100% meth. Doing some e30 tonight, im excited to see what its going to do. Sucks to live in Cali where meth is a little more difficult to get a hold of.

Bought mine from pumaspeed on February 7. Send my core out a couple days later. Got am email last night saying they have my turbo ready to be shipped out. If you send your core out 1st, you will receive it faster. Luckily i had a spare stock turbo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
USPS said my core was delivered to them on the 11th and they never got back with me. [V]
I guess I need to email them again. They were really quick on answering my questions until now.

Ish

USPS said my core was delivered to them on the 11th and they never got back with me. [V]
I guess I need to email them again. They were really quick on answering my questions until now.
Is it at customs? I had to email them the tracking and let them know my core was at customs back when I ordered my x37. If not try emailing Tony, he seems to b the quickest to respond.

Is it at customs? I had to email them the tracking and let them know my core was at customs back when I ordered my x37. If not try emailing Tony, he seems to b the quickest to respond.
Your item was delivered at the front door or porch at 3:19 pm on February 11, 2017 in BRIDGETON, MO 63044.