Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
Long time stalker first time poster/register. Very interested in the X47 and I see all these fuel combinations and my biggest question with this turbo is it not beneficially for running E85 only? I see all these posts about E30 or E50. I live in the Midwest E85 is pretty easy to get and way easier to fill up with. Any reason not to run E85 with this setup?
Need to add a fuel system to run E85 http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_124&products_id=306. It ties into the factory system. A lot of people like to run a runner set up though and not T/B. I don't believe there is an intake spacer set up available for us but could be wrong.

This is why people run mixes. Also if power is the goal Race gas will yield more but you pay at the pump of course. Because we reached the limits with fuel when it comes to the X-47, Race gas will yield even more gains over E blended fuels due to less volume being needed to achieve the proper AFR ratios.

Need to add a fuel system to run E85 http://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_124&products_id=306. It ties into the factory system. A lot of people like to run a runner set up though and not T/B. I don't believe there is an intake spacer set up available for us but could be wrong.

This is why people run mixes. Also if power is the goal Race gas will yield more but you pay at the pump of course. Because we reached the limits with fuel when it comes to the X-47, Race gas will yield even more gains over E blended fuels due to less volume being needed to achieve the proper AFR ratios.
Thanks for the quick response. So the kit is working for people to run E85? Yeah I know race gas would be optimal but I can get E85 at more gas stations in my area. Very limited for race gas. Most of this is coming from a friend who runs E85 on a DSM and makes better power than he could on pump gas. If I didn't run E85 I would most likely just run 93 Octane which does have E10. I can get 91 with no ethanol but again limited because I'd have to run up to the next city to fill up everyday with that tune.

Brura22

Long time stalker first time poster/register. Very interested in the X47 and I see all these fuel combinations and my biggest question with this turbo is it not beneficially for running E85 only? I see all these posts about E30 or E50. I live in the Midwest E85 is pretty easy to get and way easier to fill up with. Any reason not to run E85 with this setup?
The problem isn't with the turbo, and it really isn't even a problem with the car.
When using straight e85 you have to use/pump/flow MORE of it. So with the stock fuel system maxing out at 330 whp on pump, putting straight e85 in it would max out at way lower numbers.
Using e30 allows you to still get that octane and what not boost from e85, but doesn't max out the fuel system

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem isn't with the turbo, and it really isn't even a problem with the car.
When using straight e85 you have to use/pump/flow MORE of it. So with the stock fuel system maxing out at 330 whp on pump, putting straight e85 in it would max out at way lower numbers.
Using e30 allows you to still get that octane and what not boost from e85, but doesn't max out the fuel system

Very interesting information. Has anyone done a full fuel system upgrade? I'm assuming very expensive why I haven't heard anything.

Brura22

Very interesting information. Has anyone done a full fuel system upgrade? I'm assuming very expensive why I haven't heard anything.
Because of the very small market of the Fiesta, no in tank fuel system upgrade exists.
In order to get extra fuel you can use the stratified aux fueling system which adds a 5th injector.
They are also in progress of creating a 4 injector port fueling plate.

Because of the very small market of the Fiesta, no in tank fuel system upgrade exists.
In order to get extra fuel you can use the stratified aux fueling system which adds a 5th injector.
They are also in progress of creating a 4 injector port fueling plate.

Cool thanks for the info. I'm sure I'll be stalking around for a while looking at the X47. My DP and Exhaust should be on next week and I'll be on Cobb stage 3 tune. The next step will be the X47. [loveboost]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Soon. [emoji4] Only things not available are DI injectors and HPFP... I'd rather run 4-port over upgrading those anyway.

Pete

Soon. [emoji4] Only things not available are DI injectors and HPFP... I'd rather run 4-port over upgrading those anyway.

I'm one of the few that would want the injectors and hpfp because California.... So nudge Russ on the side for me haha.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Pretty sure this is a 91 octane... but in reality I'm not 100%.

Tank is almost gone, next one will be 94 octane for sure and I'll also do some logs.

This is a 4th gear and a 3rd gear pull

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
First revision in place - picked up 20hp. Loaded it with 94 octane so I know exactly what's in it (it had sat for so long while I installed the turbo I forgot what I filled it with... I often go 91 in the winter 'cause I'm not using the power that's for sure).

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
First revision in place - picked up 20hp. Loaded it with 94 octane so I know exactly what's in it (it had sat for so long while I installed the turbo I forgot what I filled it with... I often go 91 in the winter 'cause I'm not using the power that's for sure).

What lbs/min are you seeing so far?

Sent from my CIA monitored device

X-47 from Panda?

I'm just wondering how many people ordered from Panda Motorworks for their X-47s? Has anyone that ordered from their website received their turbo? I don't understand why mine is taking so long but if other people have had a similar issue I guess I'll stop worrying about it as much. It says on their website they have 5 available [:(]

Ordered Feb 6th.
Core arrived at their shop Feb 11th.
I sent a few emails asking about it...
I got an email that said, "We are currently packaging a bunch up!" on March 6th (three weeks ago).

Brura22

Are you reading the X47 sticky?
Pumaspeed is extremely slow.
It takes months for some people.

Are you reading the X47 sticky?
Pumaspeed is extremely slow.
It takes months for some people.

I ordered from Panda Motorworks...which is located in the USA. It says on their (panda motorworks) website right now they have 5 available.

I ordered mine from Panda as well. Took a little over a month to get in. Hit Panda up on FB, and he'll usually respond in an hour or two. It's one guy, and he's trying to tackle waaaaay too much in my opinion. He needs to hire more help.
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] can you change me to "tuned"? I'm waiting until I hit an actual dyno to post real numbers, because I don't trust Vdyno. FWIW, it's showing me at 298whp/291tq on E30.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #520
[MENTION=1333]BoostBumps[/MENTION] can you change me to "tuned"? I'm waiting until I hit an actual dyno to post real numbers, because I don't trust Vdyno. FWIW, it's showing me at 298whp/291tq on E30.
Done!

And nice preliminary results there! [twothumb]