Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

LILIKE16ST

I hope someone can manage maybe a 13.2 or less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If a 13.7 or less has been done on stock turbo and people have trapped 110 with this turbo if traction was in the equation with slicks there's no doubt this turbo is capable of sub 13s imo

Based

If a 13.7 or less has been done on stock turbo and people have trapped 110 with this turbo if traction was in the equation with slicks there's no doubt this turbo is capable of sub 13s imo
Well 104 trap is in the 12s so I would say you're right. Someone posted a 104 trap speed earlier with x47

LILIKE16ST

Well 104 trap is in the 12s so I would say you're right. Someone posted a 104 trap speed earlier with x47

Yea the one guy trapped 104 with a 93 tune that wasn't fully revised. Another trapped 105 on a real hot humid day. I've heard of people trapping as high as 109-110 but it depends on the weather and location. Like some have trapped 101 on stock turbo while others trap 98-99 with full bolt ons and e30 it's the difference in weather. 101 trap on stock turbo would probably be the 110 traps on this one. It is significantly more powerful than the stock turbo obviously. I think one can expect 105-110 trap speeds depending on what fuel you're using and the tune and the weather and altitude etc (aka da). A fully bolted e30 tuned FiST with an x47 and slicks should easily hit 12s and trap 110 in good DA.

masonsturbos

After Troy at Panda worked some magic, in seeing consistent 290/300 pulls back to back. This temp correction will trickle down to all the Panda tuned x47 guys out there. I'm glad we finally figured it out.
I think my time will drastically improve now that I am making full boost again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tuning with Troy from Panda was completed yesterday. On e15 the vdyno read 291whp (didn't get a torque number) but I will be taking it to a local shop here in town to get a more accurate reading and will comment again! Car feels outstanding! Aux fuel and cams hopefully to come in the next 2 to 3 months!

LILIKE16ST

These numbers are great I seen in the x37 thread someone was pulling 270 whp on 93 with a ported big inlet x37 I wonder if a ported x47 could hit higher numbers like 300 whp and 300 or more wtq on just e30 with no aux fuel or anything. That would be interesting to see. At that point it's getting towards the limits of the stock fuel system and a pump gas car might actually get closer to the numbers of an e30 car safely anyways without aux fuel. Be nice to hit 290 whp with a potted x47 on 93 now that's a nice setup.

My x-47 arrived. Does anyone else think they could have done a much better job with the turbo inlet? Mine doesn't match up too well, it has a huge lip on one side and some metal shavings coming out of it.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Yep - AND it's too tall so the stock intake tube doesn't fit back on the mounting studs anymore.

It's nice to have but I'm not sure it was worth what I paid for it...

My x-47 arrived. Does anyone else think they could have done a much better job with the turbo inlet? Mine doesn't match up too well, it has a huge lip on one side and some metal shavings coming out of it.
While you have the turbo out, would you mind taking a look to see how much play the compressor wheel has? I seem to recall being able to push the compressor wheel to the side enough that it contacted the compressor housing.

haste

1000 Post Club
While you have the turbo out, would you mind taking a look to see how much play the compressor wheel has? I seem to recall being able to push the compressor wheel to the side enough that it contacted the compressor housing.

Two posts without pictures for confirmation? Some people tend to not believe everything they read on the internet...

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Plus one on that....you can wish in one hand and shit in the other to see which one fills up first.....or ask someone who has their's still out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Mine did also when it showed up. I sent my to sour to have the turbine housing ported and had him switch out for the inlet he sells. Look at your turbine housing also, mine had a lip by the exhaust wheel. Check the C39 thread and you will see what he did to mine. Glad I had him port it for me.

I cleaned mine up my self it took 45 min but when I was done it matched up a lot better.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'll check it and take some pictures when I get home from work. I currently have a c39 installed on my car with the turbo inlet from Brian (sour skittles). I'm pretty sure I'm just going to take that turbo inlet and switch it to the X-47.

Man, I didn't realize people would get butt-hurt over me saying I have a small issue. [thankyou]

Okay, so I got home and took some pictures...and now after seeing them actually posted on a bigger screen they're terrible photos lol. Well at least you can see some of the depth of the gap on one side. It's flush on one side and just over an 8th of an inch on the other.

IMG_4711.JPG IMG_4709.JPG IMG_4710.JPG IMG_4712.JPG

[MENTION=5751]letitreign[/MENTION] The turbo itself was flawless. Looked great and everything was good and tight. No play on either the compressor or turbine wheels.