Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
I don't think we need to worry about more Hybrids. I think the X-37 has proven itself enough and if the X-47 proves itself beyond the X-37 I just can't see any substantial gains beyond that on the stock housing. Seems like the X-47 is about maxed out and if the wheels are matched at the correct ratio then it will be about as good as it gets using the stock housing. If results pan out like originally stated I will go for the X-47, after that point DHM GTX360R if I feel a next step needs to be taken down the road.

With saying that we are still missing the Mountune upgrade if it ever comes around and whatever it will be. I don't see how it would deter me from anything I stated above but still waiting for final results from multiple sources for the current top dog Hybrids :)

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
I don't think we need to worry about more Hybrids. I think the X-37 has proven itself enough and if the X-47 proves itself beyond the X-37 I just can't see any substantial gains beyond that on the stock housing. Seems like the X-47 is about maxed out and if the wheels are matched at the correct ratio then it will be about as good as it gets using the stock housing. If results pan out like originally stated I will go for the X-47, after that point DHM GTX360R if I feel a next step needs to be taken down the road.

With saying that we are still missing the Mountune upgrade if it ever comes around and whatever it will be. I don't see how it would deter me from anything I stated above but still waiting for final results from multiple sources for the current top dog Hybrids :)
There are ways to keep doing this... Imagine, for a moment, the X-47S. Same thing, but now you get a bigger inlet and 5 more whp. Or the X-47+ that comes with a bigger wastegate disk AND a bigger inlet allowing another 15whp. The X-57 then comes along with all that, and includes a fancy new exhaust housing, that's roughly the same dimensions, but this one is cast specifically for the application and now we've got a hybrid turbo trying to claim 350whp. If Sour responds, this won't stop.

And now I've talked myself out of the iPhone 7 Plus.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #64
Just got word the x47 is launching back on the site this Sunday. Theyll have graphs and what not of their results. He assured me 25wph guaranteed on top of the x37 based on their testing. Ill be finding out soon enough
And to add to this...

The dyno test data Pumaspeed will be releasing for the x-47 will be with 99RON (93Octane) fuel...Peak hp seen was slightly less than 300whp and no rpm change (compared to x-37) seen in peak torque which was also around 25tq higher than the x-37...The "back to back" dyno data I've seen of x-37 verses x-47 today is quite impressive...Comparison plots will also be posted as well...

And as Ish mentions PumaSpeed will be formally releasing data and opening up site for orders around 3pm EST / 12pm PST on Sunday...

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
And to add to this...

The dyno test data Pumaspeed will be releasing for the x-47 will be with 99RON (93Octane) fuel...Peak hp seen was slightly less than 300whp and no rpm change (compared to x-37) seen in peak torque which was also around 25tq higher than the x-37...The "back to back" dyno data I've seen of x-37 verses x-47 today is quite impressive...Comparison plots will also be posted as well...

And as Ish mentions PumaSpeed will be formally releasing data and opening up site for orders around 9am EST / 12pm PST on Sunday...
I'm actually looking forward to it and seeing if it's repeatable. And then, ultimately, the reliability.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #66
I'm actually looking forward to it and seeing if it's repeatable. And then, ultimately, the reliability.
I agree...Looks like we'll have quite a bit of testing going on over the next month...It will be refreshing to see this amount of testing with a good sampling from various tuners, fueling, and mods thrown into the mix......

Also what I thought was fairly impressive is that this is achieved with ~26psi of boost from 2450 to 7000rpm...Appears to be a fairly efficient setup with not a huge amount of boost being applied or forced...

Sekred

1000 Post Club
I agree...Looks like we'll have quite a bit of testing going on over the next month...It will be refreshing to see this amount of testing with a good sampling from various tuners, fueling, and mods thrown into the mix......

Also what I thought was fairly impressive is that this is achieved with ~26psi of boost from 2450 to 7000rpm...Appears to be a fairly efficient setup with not a huge amount of boost being applied or forced...
Can you tell us how much torque at 3000 revs?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Those are some crazy numbers! Now I'm thinking I bought my turbo too soon[emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #73
I tuned my x-37 for daily reliability and didn't max it out. here is a vdyno of my final tune with 93 e10.

Thanks for posting...Nice curves and actually that looks fairly typical for a x-37 optimized for 93 octane pump gas..

Would be great if you could also show the boost profile on the plot above for comparisons...

Open V-Dyno Program

Select "Files"
Select "Options"
Select Tab "Columns and Profiles"
Check "AFR" box and type in box Actual AFR (AFR)
Check "Boost" box and type in box Boost Pressure (PSI)
Click "Save"

Then Load your file and it should now show Boost and AFR profiles provided that you also selected to log Actual AFR (AFR) and Boost Pressure (PSI) in AP for your log run files captured...
[HR][/HR]
As mentioned earlier, comparison curves between the x-37 and x-47 will be released soon...The new x-47 on pump gas appears to have the same spool rate and hp/tq response curves as the x-37 however the x-47 appears to be producing roughly 25whp higher across a good part of the power band and 380nm (280 lb-ft) @ 3000rpm is pretty impressive...

Personally if I already had an x-37 installed it probably wouldn't be worth the extra cost and effort for me to replace it with the new x-47...

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Thanks for posting...Nice curves and actually that looks fairly typical for a x-37 optimized for 93 octane pump gas...

As mentioned earlier, comparison curves between the x-37 and x-47 will be released soon...The new x-47 on pump gas appears to have the same spool rate and hp/tq response curves as the x-37 however the x-47 appears to be producing roughly 25whp higher across a good part of the power band and 380nm (280 lb-ft) @ 3000rpm is pretty impressive...

Personally if I already had an x-37 installed it probably wouldn't be worth the extra cost and effort for me to replace it with the new x-47...
If the x37 is sold easily I would upgrade.. 25whp across the powerband is no joke

Yea it gets stupid really quickly. I bought the cobb AP (500 USD), +50 USD shipping up front, + 30 USD on delivery, +100 for duties/taxes and with the exchange rate at the time i payed just shy of a grand.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #79
x-47 is up on the puma speed site. No new info or graphs released yet though.
Thanks! Tony (PumaSpeed) says the website will be updated a bit later with data...

http://www.pumaspeed.co.uk/product-...-Billet-7-Blade-Hybrid-Turbocharger_17318.jsp

In the mean time he said its OK to post x-47 results here on our forum...

I also just updated first page of this thread with x-47 results...

PumaSpeed's New X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Dyno Results:

x-47 dyno data 2.jpg
Fiesta ST Bolt-on Modifications List:

• X-47 Hybrid Turbo and Large Bore Turbo Elbow
  • 3 inch Catless DP
  • Stock Exhaust
  • R-Sport Pro Intercooler
  • R-Sport Hot Side IC Pipe
  • LTG Long Induction Kit
  • Large Bore Intake Cross-Over Pipe
[HR][/HR]
PumaSpeed x-47 Hybrid Boost Profile:

X-47 Boost Profile.jpg
~1.4 bar (20psi) @ 2250rpm
~1.8 bar (+26psi) from 2450rpm to 7100rpm

Red Line = x-47 Boost Profile
Blue Line = Stock Boost Profile

Wow ok...so 300 whp/tq on 93, with 5k+ revs of 26 psi. I had my doubts but this is really solid.

edit: also....this is on stock cat-back ???