Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters
It was. I was battling really bad wheel hop and fire spinage. I recently did the full cpe mount kit and an mfactory lsd. My next time out will be quite a bit faster.

Yup, trap speed is what you will most likely wanna guage the car off of. Traction is everything in a quarter mile, don't let the time fool ya.

LILIKE16ST

Yup, trap speed is what you will most likely wanna guage the car off of. Traction is everything in a quarter mile, don't let the time fool ya.
Exactly...from a roll on the street in your average street encounter that car will run right with other cars that trap around 107 and may even run 12 second times at a track so the car is much faster than what that et says it is....although 13.7 isn't exactly slow for a small econobox with a stock 1.6 engine and stock small turbo (albeit modified internally).

Quisp

1000 Post Club
What if anything are you guys and gals using to seal the intake pipe to the turbo ? Also any loctite on the mounting bolts?

107 is still quite slow for that power level. I assume this was def not done with no-lift-shifting. That can make a big difference in acceleration times with low displacement turbocharged cars.

jeff

2000 Post Club
Has anyone here can compare all 3 X47, so X47, X47 + X47R?
I believe [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] has had 2 of those if not all 3 (and the X37 too)....maybe he will comment. I know the X47R has a bit more top end power but on one of his videos he mentions that there is more lag as well. Hopefully he will chime in on real-world differences in driving and etc. In the end I think they're all pretty close in terms of final power levels, maybe 10-15 hp.

Ish, would you give us a brief description of the differences of the X37, X47, and X47R since you've had all three on your car?

Ish

Has anyone here can compare all 3 X47, so X47, X47 + X47R?
Yea I've had the x37,x47,and x47r. X47r spooled slower but who knows it could just be my tuner. In the UK people seem to have success with it. Felt stronger on top.
I never dynoed my x47, but I dynoed my x47r and made 290whp 300tq.
That's with -x47r, fbo, MAP charge pipes, exhaust manifold, e30, 60/40 meth.
In my opinion I felt like there should of been more power to it, I mean I got tuned in just under 6 revisions lol so again who knows what ots capable of.

Yea I've had the x37,x47,and x47r. X47r spooled slower but who knows it could just be my tuner. In the UK people seem to have success with it. Felt stronger on top.
I never dynoed my x47, but I dynoed my x47r and made 290whp 300tq.
That's with -x47r, fbo, MAP charge pipes, exhaust manifold, e30, 60/40 meth.
In my opinion I felt like there should of been more power to it, I mean I got tuned in just under 6 revisions lol so again who knows what ots capable of.
Do you think an upgrade to a X47 would be worth it to those that have a X37, but aren't willing to go to lag city with an actual big turbo?

Ish

Do you think an upgrade to a X47 would be worth it to those that have a X37, but aren't willing to go to lag city with an actual big turbo?
If your only looking to get 300whp the x47 is where it's gonna be at. Just need the right tune/setup for it. If your upgrading, I think it's only justifiable if you get an x47 for a good deal. I upgraded from x37 to an x47 but I bought mine for 650 shipped, then sold my x37 and got that money back. I mean the only difference is about 20whp and more top end.

Thank you for the information. For example, I drive the X47 with the Maxdout software provided by Pumaspeed. My Fiesta ST is a European car and runs on the German highway about 175 miles per hour via GPS. Went downhill a little bit. Easy mountain high about 167 miles per hour. Was only a smartphone app. I was not yet on the test bench. But 2 friends they had 307Hp /308lbf and 311Hp / 290lbf. Both drove with closed air filter box eg the Fiesta ST200. I drive the ITG system

DaveG99

I finally got the x47 experience. The other night Peletoneracer2 let me take his car for a little test drive. I just wanted to go along as a passenger but he let me drive it which was awesome! It was the first time I've ever been in a fiesta with a upgraded turbo. It was amazing! The power just keeps on going and going through the RPM range without any drop off. I even got into a race with a newer camaro. Pretty sure it was a V6 but those have over 300hp and run 13's so defiently not a slow car. I pulled on the camaro pretty good and afterwards the camaro guy pulled up next to us and rolled his window down. He literally said "What the F*%$?" and started clapping. I guess the fiesta surprised him....lol. I told him "Its just a fiesta". The x47 really transforms the car into a beast. And peletonracers car is on the corn too so Im guessing around 300whp.

Just got my X47R delivered today. I'm planning on going to the dyno to get some baseline runs in a few weeks. I'm really curious to see the improvements.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I finally got the x47 experience. The other night Peletoneracer2 let me take his car for a little test drive. I just wanted to go along as a passenger but he let me drive it which was awesome! It was the first time I've ever been in a fiesta with a upgraded turbo. It was amazing! The power just keeps on going and going through the RPM range without any drop off. I even got into a race with a newer camaro. Pretty sure it was a V6 but those have over 300hp and run 13's so defiently not a slow car. I pulled on the camaro pretty good and afterwards the camaro guy pulled up next to us and rolled his window down. He literally said "What the F*%$?" and started clapping. I guess the fiesta surprised him....lol. I told him "Its just a fiesta". The x47 really transforms the car into a beast. And peletonracers car is on the corn too so Im guessing around 300whp.
Yes and yes. Over the last few weeks my Fiesta has been sitting in the garage while I drove our Civic and Odyssey mostly. I got back in the Fiesta yesterday and it was absolutely shocking how fast this car is with 300whp.

Just got my X47R delivered today. I'm planning on going to the dyno to get some baseline runs in a few weeks. I'm really curious to see the improvements.
Hey Mike! So glad to hear. So many folks talk of going to the dyno and then we hear nothing back. I don't recall seeing any dyno graphs of the X47R on here yet. I'd be very curious to compare your X47R to my X47 in terms of HP/TQ as well as spool and where the curve is. So please post when it's all done! From talking to 2 different Fiesta owners who went X47 and then X47R, they said the difference in the R was (a) a bit more lag, but (2) more top end power.

Also, do you have a catted or non-catted downpipe? With your E30 tune I'm predicting 305-310 if catted and 310-315 if non-catted.

Report back when it's installed!