Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

PumaSpeed X-47 Hybrid Turbo Thread

How many have purchased / installed / tuned the x-47 Hybrid Turbo?

• X-47 Purchased

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • X-47 Installed

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • X-47 Tuned

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • X-47 Dyno / V-Dyno Results

Votes: 8 11.4%

• Total voters

DvC

Am i the only one who knows all tuning companies inflate their whp/wtq numbers to sell stuff? I would love to see other dynos by people who don't have an interest in selling these. Didnt cobb say matt farahs fist made like 230-240 whp on their dyno? Independant dynos plx.

Also bhp dyno but then say whp? Call me sceptical

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #102
I would love to see other dynos by people who don't have an interest in selling these. Independant dynos plx.
This was mentioned earlier in the thread but there are at least 4 other FiSTs we know of (3 of them from members here on our forum) that are currently in the process of having x-47s installed, tuned, and dyno'd by a few different tuners with various mods installed and different fuel types (91, 93, e30, and e40)...This should provide us with a much better idea of as to what the average performance range from this new hybrid should look like...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #104
what are the etune options for the x47?
The following appear to have the most experience with tuning Pumaspeed's x-series hybrid turbos ...

Tune+
DHM
Panda Motorsports
Stratified

Also below is a tuning poll that we have posted here on our forum showing all the tuners that are currently supporting the FiST platform and gives a fairly good idea as to which tuners our members had selected for their tunes....

NEW POLL: What Tune are you using on your Fiesta ST?

Any thoughts on what supporting mods you would want to run this? I assume Intercooler and Catless DP at the very least. Thinking about getting this turbo depending on how the tests look, just trying to get together a budget of what all I would need to run it.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Any thoughts on what supporting mods you would want to run this? I assume Intercooler and Catless DP at the very least. Thinking about getting this turbo depending on how the tests look, just trying to get together a budget of what all I would need to run it.
AP
TBE (true 3' if you can but not necessary)
IC
Good Tuner
Cpe intake but not mandatory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the quick reply. I've got most of those things, will just need to get an intercooler and think about maybe doing the CPE.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
So did everyone that got the x47 die or something? Where are the dynos??
I assume most are taking it easy, it's winter. Also idk many people that would have it on and tuned that quick. [MENTION=4033]Ish[/MENTION] would be the first one I recon.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
So did everyone that got the x47 die or something? Where are the dynos??
I imagine that right about now a tuner somewhere is looking at data, making adjustments, deciding the adjustments aren't right, datalogging other PIDs, and trying to figure out why, exactly, is their car making that sputtering sound when they try to push 28-29psi is 40* weather. By that logic, I'd conclude that no one is ready to publish current findings just yet, because there will always be a good idea tomorrow.

Ish

It's the holidays, I've been too busy to even install it lol. But it'll be getting installed this Sunday I hope.

My X-47 is ordered but still waiting it... I will post results here once everything will be installed & tuned which will probably be around May 2017 cause here in Quebec, Canada the winter is more than started... 50cm of snow are announced for today sooo I wish I could live in USA sometimes!!

Ish

So I finally got the x47 installed this morning. I did notice a lot more turbo whistle at low rpm compared to my x37. Im going to put a few more miles on it before i do my first pull but im hoping to have at least my 91oct complete by the end of the week. Ill keep anyone thats interested posted on here.

So I finally got the x47 installed this morning. I did notice a lot more turbo whistle at low rpm compared to my x37. Im going to put a few more miles on it before i do my first pull but im hoping to have at least my 91oct complete by the end of the week. Ill keep anyone thats interested posted on here.
Does it have that weird X37 whistle/jet sound like the X37 has?

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Right on ish, in never did get the whistle but I'm running the stock intake. Can't wait to see what she does on 91! I wouldn't mind the whistle lol

Ish

Haha yea that sound. But its present at like 1800-2200 rpms with very little throttle input

Rhinopolis

The whistle on my x37 is more pronounced at part throttle and from 2800 rpms until 3400 or so. The 2JR amplifies it, and it can be very intrusive at times.

For those that have never heard it before, here's a crappy YouTube video that I made showing the cabin noises (windows up) with my x37 and 2JR combo.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5R1g89H60BA

Really interested to see what the X47 can do on 91 only. Keep us updated please!

Ford Community Posts